JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like to shoot Small Appliances, Clocks, Radios, ect, but I always clean up afterward, and pick up the other peoples crap they leave behind
Just don't let Law Enforcement catch you doing that. You could get a fine (even if you're cleaning up after yourself)! The only legal targets on public lands are those specifically manufactured for the purpose of target shooting, or, printed targets from home. If caught, you could be in a heap of trouble and a hefty fine!

Don't mean to rag on you, just letting you know because there are rules about what we can shoot on public lands. See the list at: Trash No Land common shooting rules...

Bill

Was up on Gooseneck this week. Still a few places to shoot but plenty of new "No Shooting" or "Unsafe Shooting Area" signs in locations where I have seen people shoot in the past.

After my initial "bummed" reaction at seeing signs I gave it some more thought and believe the signs are just in areas that really are unsafe to shoot (most have no proper backstop)

So if you head up to Gooseneck have fun, be clean, respectful, and most importantly safe.

Was up on Gooseneck this week. Still a few places to shoot but plenty of new "No Shooting" or "Unsafe Shooting Area" signs in locations where I have seen people shoot in the past.

After my initial "bummed" reaction at seeing signs I gave it some more thought and believe the signs are just in areas that really are unsafe to shoot (most have no proper backstop)

So if you head up to Gooseneck have fun, be clean, respectful, and most importantly safe.
Yeah, dang it, there's not many good/legal places to shoot up there. Mostly because of the lack of backstops. Good post, Union!

How do you clean up the small appliances? I police my shooting area too, but can't get over how much little crap gets left.

We were there yesterday afternoon and passed people on the lower road shooting. Pulled into a spot past them and had a great time shooting. The upper road is posted with "No Shooting" signs but that is because they are actively logging the area.

I'd like to get a Committee started for the Gooseneck area on 'Pubilc Land Target Shooters' forum. With a few members on that committee we could do some good for all shooters who visit Gooseneck road.

I've been in touch with the BLM office in that area and there is some potential to do improvements here and there, however, we need a few good stewards to help plan what to do and how/when to do it. Sounds like they are open to discussions.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.