JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went by harbor freight. The wood table seemed pretty nice. Should I be concerned about surface height?

Only if you can't find the right chair or stool height. ;-)

EDIT: if it is the table I'm thinking of, I'd be more worried about the holes in the top surface. Reloading means working with some small objects/tools. I'd also get some trim and tack it down around any edge not up against a wall to stop things from rolling off. Also, going back to chair height -- that looks like a knee knocker. Something you can get your knees under would be more comfortable in my opinion. Is it this? 60 in. 4 Drawer Hardwood Workbench

I went by harbor freight. The wood table seemed pretty nice. Should I be concerned about surface height?
yep, a good bench for loading and anything else.

The surface height depends on whether you plan on sitting or standing to load.
Most people who single stage or turret reload prefer sitting, for progressive loading, I stand or almost stand with my butt parked on the edge of a tall stool.
Some who stand use a riser and another advantage of a riser is the press can be mounted back from the edge of the bench.
I have used a simple box built out of scrap 2x4/2x6 lumber as a riser.
Here's a risers I built with some wing out side shelves on a HF grinder stand.
This $26 grinder stand is another good choice for a loading "table".
IMG_1133.JPG
Lots of different ways to go but if you have room for that work bench you will find other uses for it.
:D

I found Old solid wood doors work really well for a work bench, and the door knob hole is nice for running power cords for various needs!
I Build mine with 4"X4" posts with locking castors, and usually add a piece of 3/4 sheet marine ply so I can flip it or replace it as it gets worn or damaged!

Only if you can't find the right chair or stool height. ;-)

EDIT: if it is the table I'm thinking of, I'd be more worried about the holes in the top surface. Reloading means working with some small objects/tools. I'd also get some trim and tack it down around any edge not up against a wall to stop things from rolling off. Also, going back to chair height -- that looks like a knee knocker. Something you can get your knees under would be more comfortable in my opinion. Is it this? 60 in. 4 Drawer Hardwood Workbench
"that looks like a knee knocker"
Never considered that, good point, I don't load at mine it's just a work bench in my garage :s0131:
I suppose you could leave one pair of drawers off to create room under the bench-top for knee space.
You might even mount all four drawers on one side.
just a thought,
:D

Last Edited:
I found Old solid wood doors work really well for a work bench, and the door knob hole is nice for running power cords for various needs!
I Build mine with 4"X4" posts with locking castors, and usually add a piece of 3/4 sheet marine ply so I can flip it or replace it as it gets worn or damaged!
Made this out of a solid wood door about 6 months before I moved:eek:. Darnit I miss that bench. We hardly got aquainted:(. 20180516_054444~2.jpg

I have the Harbor Freight bench mentioned above. Perfect height for standing and loading. I have an RCBS single on the left, a Dillon 550 next to it, a Dillon SDB on the right, both on Strong Mounts, and room between the Dillons to put a MEC 650jr. 550 toolheads along the back and the drawers full of tooling on the left and supplies on the right. The only complaint is that the drawers only pull out halfway which makes it a PITA to get to the stuff in the back. I intended to fasten it to the wall but it hasn't been necessary as it doesn't move, even when making necked down cases out of straight-walled ones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top