JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With my small space I found a small, two student, school desk at City Liquidators. 4' wide and 2' deep with a 1" thick top. At that time it cost me $15.00. The building on the east side of the street has a bunch of different size and types of tables. Works good for me doing single stage with an RCBS Rockchucker.

What would be a good reloading bench that I could pick up locally?
That's a really broad question. Depends on your needs (Small time? Big time? Rifle? Handgun? Shotgun? Reforming brass and odd calibers? All?) and whether or not you have a dedicated space. Have you looked at the Reloading Bench pics thread pinned to the top of this forum? 20 pages of pics and ideas. It boggles the mind.

Anything sturdy can be repurposed into a decent bench. If you can anchor it to a wall so much the better. I'm loading on a Black and Decker Workmate with 1 1/4" subfloor right now and it works great for revolver and small caliber rifle.

I looked through the picture thread. A little overwhelming. Right now I'm just going to be doing a single stage press. 308, 300 Weatherby and .44 mag.

I looked through the picture thread. A little overwhelming. Right now I'm just going to be doing a single stage press. 308, 300 Weatherby and .44 mag.
Size of bench aside you need fairly stout for those calibers. You're going to be leaning on the handle fairly hard for the .308, especially if you are resizing machine gun brass or brass that's been fired in a loose chamber.

I see these (use one myself) all the time on craigslist for $ 50 to 200.00

Attachments

• 00i0i_1QZpmjxhPqY_300x300.jpg
    00i0i_1QZpmjxhPqY_300x300.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 177
I'm going to suggest the HF wooden bench that has the look of furniture, 4 drawers, and a lower shelf.
They go on sale every other week and can be had for $114 with a readily available coupon.
… flame away :s0112:
:D
Edit: A couple of angle brackets from the top to wall studs and it'll be rock solid.
BenchT Wall.JPG
You might need to trim off the rear feet to clear any baseboard so the bench top can be pushed back against the wall.
:D

Last Edited:
I use these. Little pricey but brutally solid.

Dan

A little do-it-yourself-ness, 4X4 legs, 2X4s, 3/4" plywood top anchored to the wall will probably give you a great deal of space and all the rigidity you'll ever need.

A little do-it-yourself-ness, 4X4 legs, 2X4s, 3/4" plywood top anchored to the wall will probably give you a great deal of space and all the rigidity you'll ever need.

I did something similar but used two layers of plywood -- probably doesn't really matter -- bolting something like that to two walls at a corner makes a table you could do blacksmithing on.

I built mine out of 2x4s and 4x4s. Took a couple hours. The thing is STOUT and exactly the size/height I wanted with a lower shelf included

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top