JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This right here

you-gotta-pump-those-numbers-up-those-are-rookie-numbers.jpg

The number is actually disappointing the more I think about it. Given that most firearm owners own more than one that leaves a lot of people who don't own a firearm.

I think their numbers are skewed, they're not taking into account that some cross section of gun owners are actually gun enthusiasts, meaning they own more than one. Some may own dozens, hundreds or even thousands of gun. Think about competitive shooters, who may own several of the same identical gun, as backups.

The bottom line of the story, more gun control for AmeriKa. Gun owners need to unite on their defense of gun ownership right, but sadly, never will.

I told you already about cnn (chicken-noodle-network) and my urge to puke when I read them didn't I?

I told you already about cnn (chicken-noodle-network) and my urge to puke when I read them didn't I?

I have good natural instincts, I don't click on liberal hack links.. :s0149:
Agreed. I won't give CNN the clicks. From the headline I'm going to guess that they blame us for the rise in violence (overall, not just gun related, but they will skip that part) rather than blaming the defund the police movement and the various politicians and prosecutors incentivizing political violence. How do I know this? Because This... is CNN.

Own firearms if you want.....or not , its your choice.
Just don't make my choice for me.

Speaking only for myself...
Instead of firearm owner's numbers increasing...Which may be a good thing....I'd rather see :
Much less demonizing of gun owners , along with less of a divide between existing gun owners.
Andy

Instead of firearm owner's numbers increasing...Which may be a good thing....I'd rather see :
Much less demonizing of gun owners , along with less of a divide between existing gun owners.
Andy
Well what is it they say Andy? If you pile up wish/hope in one hand and, something, in the other....
:D

Own firearms if you want.....or not , its your choice.
Just don't make my choice for me.

Andy
I think those things will naturally flow from there being more gun owners. It's got to help a little at the very least.

I think those things will naturally flow from there being more gun owners. It's got to help a little at the very least.
Maybe...
I say maybe , because....
Take a look at the forum....and see just how divided we are on various topics.
And not just the important ones like :
What is best the Glock Pistol...:D

But our divisions on things like :

Who should own firearms...?
How one should be able to buy firearms...?
What firearms should one be able to own...?
Not to forget to mention 2A related politics....

So will more gun owners help....maybe.
Or maybe it will just add to the divide.
Andy

Maybe...

Andy
Good point. I knew a preacher who used to say the bigger his flock, the more true believers. I think it applies here too.

Maybe...

Andy
When your talking divisions, I think more of the huge chasms that are plaguing America in general in these times. In the firearms community I see differences of opinions. Not divides. I don't tend look down on those with a different mind set than myself. I let those people be them and I think (hope?) those people don't look down on me either.

When your talking divisions, I think more of the huge chasms that are plaguing America in general in these times. In the firearms community I see differences of opinions. Not divides. I don't tend look down on those with a different mind set than myself. I let those people be them and I think (hope?) those people don't look down on me either.
I wish i could agree....working here as a Moderator and seeing what some folks spew forth when they disagree has changed my perspectives on gun owners.
Andy

Whats inaccurate about that article? What difference does it make if some gun owners own more than 1? The US does own the most private guns in the world and does have a high homicide rate.
I often get these claims discussing with anti gun friends and these statistics are very hard to refute. The implication here is that our access to firearms contributes to the "gun violence" rate. We need better rebuttles to these statistics than things like "communist news network".

I think whats inflated is their statistic on mass shootings. Other articles Ive read in the past suggest several hundred mass shootings within the current year alone, and now they are saying weve only had 100 mass shootings in the past 22 years. Clearly they manipulate their story to fit the narrative. IF we did have hundreds per year nobody would believe this article if they stayed true to their previous numbers and listed thousands in the 22 year period.
Empirical evidence, since I dont have bookmarks to cite for my observations. But its true.

In regards to firearm laws / so called gun control laws....

Just how many laws do we already have in regards to firearms....?

If you want the same result you have always gotten...keep doing the same thing...
If you want a different result...you gotta do something different.
Andy

Agreed. I won't give CNN the clicks. From the headline I'm going to guess that they blame us for the rise in violence (overall, not just gun related, but they will skip that part) rather than blaming the defund the police movement and the various politicians and prosecutors incentivizing political violence. How do I know this? Because This... is CNN.
Same here. And there's a long list of liberal hack outfits.

nc_ohc=mimGYxEbZvQAX9eJ1Bd&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio2-1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top