JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good cop story.. I was speeding through Baker City, going around 77 in a 65 on my way to Idaho.. Cop turns on his lights and pulls me over.. Just out of nowhere came the red and blue, I was caught off guard. My heart was thumping in the middle of night all alone out there in wilderness. Really friendly and easy going cop.. I showed him my CHL, apologized for speeding. We went through a quick gun info ordeal.. Where is my guns? I said my hip and my pocket.. He said ok, no problem. Took a minute or two and ran my information. He said, that not to worry, he won't ticket me, just slow down. Chit-chatted with me for a bit in a friendly way and then I was off on my way.. I think he actually appreciated some of the friendly conversation. It must get a bit boring sitting out there on that empty freeway for all those hours late at night, anyhow.

He seemed like the kind of guy I could sit down with and have a beer or two with.

Sit down with a beer . . . Didn't a copper back east sit down for a beer with the emperor and some college prof a couple of years ago?? I hope he was deloused before he went home!

Sheldon

Sit down with a beer . . . Didn't a copper back east sit down for a beer with the emperor and some college prof a couple of years ago?? I hope he was deloused before he went home!

Sheldon
Make that a whiskey then.. :confused: Whiskey more common in that part of the country anyhow.. I was just making a gesture.. Sorry, didn't mean to scare anyone with it.. I was just trying to make love and peace between cops and us everyday citizens..

P.S.
I don't drink with people for the sole purpose of trying to restore my public image after ranting about the evils of white people.

Last Edited:
I don't think this will be as long as the bad cop thread but we should give credit when it is due.
Georgia cops buy taxi fare for man who walked 29 miles to court on frigid day
By Todd StarnesTodd's American DispatchPublished January 13, 2014FoxNews.com

Georgia cops buy taxi fare for man who walked 29 miles to court on frigid day | Fox News

Andy_Blimline_Jan_2014.jpg
Officer Andy Blimline. (CITY OF LILBURN/LILBURN POLICE DEPARTMENT)
James had fallen on hard times.

He totaled his car and he was living in a shelter in Atlanta. His wallet was empty. There was no money for a bus, certainly none for a cab. And that posed a significant problem.

James was supposed to report to a court in Lilburn, Ga. to resolve a traffic citation – some 29 miles away.

Failure to appear could have resulted in a warrant for his arrest. So James decided to do what needed to be done -- he would walk.

Now walking nearly 29 miles to resolve a traffic citation is certainly unusual, but walking 29 miles on one of the coldest days of the year is beyond unusual. James awoke at 1 a.m. and walked outside wearing a pair of blue jeans and a hooded jacket.

Walking nearly 29 miles to resolve a traffic citation is certainly unusual, but walking 29 miles on one of the coldest days of the year is beyond unusual.
“I was absolutely freezing,” James told television station WSB. (James told the WSB reporter he is uncomfortable with his circumstances. He chose not to share his last name or show his face on camera.)

It was 6 degrees. The wind chill was minus 10. It was a bone-chilling, blustery kind of cold.

“As soon as the air hit my lungs it took my breath away because of the wind,” he said. “That was the major thing – the wind.”

His nearly nine-hour journey took him from downtown Atlanta across Interstate 85 to the northeastern suburb of Lilburn.

James arrived at the court, shivering and out-of-breath only to discover that his public defender failed to appear. Nevertheless, he settled his business with the court and prepared to make the long trip back to Atlanta.

Police Officer Andy Blimine saw James and felt compelled to help. But James rebuffed his offer. Soon, two other officers showed up and they, too, offered to lend a hand.

“I couldn’t let him walk that far,” Officer Blimine told WSB.

James fought back tears as the officers gave him $80 for cab fare back to Atlanta.

“Thank God for those officers,” he said.

It was a random act of kindness for a man down on his luck -– trying to make right a wrong.

“You could see in the man’s eyes that he was genuinely touched, as I was,” Lt. Chris Dusik told the television station. “I’m truly proud of how Officer Blimine represented the city.”

The mission of the Lilburn Police Department is to preserve the peace and uphold the law. The officers dedicate themselves to serving their community in an “honorable and ethical” manner. I believe the people of Lilburn are well-served by Officer Blimine.

Be kind to one another, the Good Book reminds us. Be tenderhearted. That’s what Officer Andy Blimine did on that harsh winter’s day -- the day he went the extra mile for a stranger.
Thanks for being the one . This thread was well over due , you truly stepped up . There are plenty of great LEO out here that need to know they are not alone . The rest of em' ........maybe we can fix them ? THANKS AGAIN:D

Cops are just like any other group of people. Just like the group of people that comprise this forum. Some are good, some are A-holes. You get that anywhere you go with any group or sector of people in life. T o categorize any group into one file would be ridiculous. Everyone is individual.

I like the premise of this thread though. It kinda goes against all the tin-foil hat wearing cop bashers on here. Kudo's to the OP for thinking of it.

http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2014...e-boys-buried-for-hours-in/?intcmp=latestnews

The shovel was barely visible in the snow, and the footprints were old, but something made Police Officer Brandon Rola seize the tool and start digging.

It was nearly 2 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day, and Rola was one of several Newburgh, N.Y., police officers desperately searching for two cousins reported missing hours earlier by one's mother. And minutes after following his hunch, Rola - and an air pocket that authorities believe kept the boys, ages 9 and 11, alive - had given two families profound reason to give thanks.

"After I saw the shovel, I just felt compelled to dig," Rola, a 28-year-old, seven-year veteran of the city police force, told FoxNews.com. "I really didn't put it together, but I just started digging."

Rola had made his way to the massive snowbank, formed by a plow operator clearing a parking lot several hundred yards from the boys' home after canvassing the neighborhood and talking to children who reported seeing the unidentified boys in the area. The boys had gone out Wednesday evening to build a snow fort after Newburgh, a city of 28,000 about 60 miles north of New York City, had received six inches during the day. But when the boys didn't returned, one's mother called police just before midnight, setting off a frantic search.

Rola, who was joined by fellow Police Officer John Maguire, soon uncovered a boot, prompting him to call for paramedics. In his gut, he feared the worst, but then Maguire noticed the small boot twitch.

"When John saw that, we just started digging like crazy," Rola said. "But we only had the one shovel, and you're talking about a 7 or 8-foot snowpile. We knocked on doors, got shovels, and pretty soon, we had maybe 10 people working on that pile."

As the boys' frantic parents and other neighbors looked on, the crewof police and volunteers excavated the ruins of the boys' snow fort and found the kids, conscious and alert, but suffering from exposure to the cold.

"It was incredible," said Rola, who estimates the boys were trapped for at least four hours. "Thank goodness, they were bundled up in layers, so they were warm enough."

Police believe the boys had dug into the other side of the snow bank as a plow operator cleared the lot of the Family Health Center, unaware of their presence. At some point, the plowed snow collapsed the fort, caving it in on the boys yet somehow leaving an air pocket that allowed them to breathe.

One of the boy's mothers thanked Newburgh Police in an Instagram post Thursday.

"Today I am thankful my son and nephew are here and I would like to thank the Newburgh Police Officers who found my nephew and my son after searching for them," she wrote. "They found them at 2 am stuck in a huge snowpile that trapped them for several hours so I am very thankful today to have these two safe at home alive."

Rola said he finally made it home early Thursday, and after sleeping, awoke to a traditional Thanksgiving Day with family, albeit one more poignant given the dramatic rescue just hours before.

"It was a good day," Rola said.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/630107

You can see the video if you go to the above address.

These Drivers Thought They Were Getting Tickets. Instead, Police Gave Them Christmas Gifts.
Kate Abbey-Lambertz author_bio_indicator_v4@2x-5b632b1b9ccd5caf12ece9ef7ce1266f.png The Huffington Post 12/10/14 02:52 PM ET
Getting pulled over by a police officer can make a good day bad and a bad day worse. Unless, of course, he helps you with your Christmas shopping instead of writing you a ticket.

In a video released Tuesday, the police department in Lowell, Michigan did just that. Over two days in November, Officer Scot VanSolkema stopped unsuspecting drivers for minor infractions, like illegally tinted windows, that the department might normally let slide, according to Today.

After he pulled them over, VanSolkema made small talk and sneakily asked drivers what they or their kids wanted for Christmas. Meanwhile, a group of helpers were standing by at a nearby store. As soon as they heard a driver's Christmas wish, they'd race to find, buy, wrap and deliver it to VanSolkema.

Instead of tickets, the officer handed over gifts, like a new TV and an electric scooter. Drivers had reactions that turned from irritation into confusion before melting into joy, and, in some cases, hugs.

"Most of the contact police officers have with the general public is on a traffic stop, and you can find out a lot about that person in that 10 to 15-minute window," Lowell Police Chief Steve Bukala says in the video. "We got this idea, what if we could change that person's day in real time?"

It seemed to work: "This just turned my bad day into a good one," one woman says as she opens a gift for her son.

For some people, the police act of kindness meant ensuring their kids would have a great Christmas morning. Driver Salvador Galeno told VanSolkema his two daughters wanted an Xbox One. After the video came out, Galeno told WOOD-TV that <broken link removed> such a big purchase.

UP TV created the video as part of its Uplift Someone campaign, and the cable network also funded the project. According to local news outlet WMMT, UP TV <broken link removed> and about 50 drivers were pulled over.

The video was filmed by Rob Bliss, who's been responsible for viral videos such as the one showing how much street harassment a woman faces while walking in New York City.

Bliss told Today that he hoped it would remind people that many police officers are caring and dedicated to their jobs at a moment when police tactics and officers' use of force is being widely discussed and protested.

At the end of the video, a note says that while Lowell police aren't encouraging "minor traffic violations, it's important for police departments to take the time to show their citizens just how much they care."

image.jpg image.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads