JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A month or so back I was heading back to Oregon from BC on I-5S and was in the 7th inning stretch listening to a good podcast.

Next thing I know, a WA trooper is on my tail and I proceed to drive under the speed limit. He hits the light and I pull over around exit 42 and he asks me how fast I was going. I thought I was close to 70ish but my speedometer is in KM and without my reading glasses I was just guessing. Well, I must have hit the 83MPH he clocked me from the overpass as I switched into the middle lane. He was a nice enough guy, very professional and I could tell he was getting a little impatient as I was trying to figure out which insurance/registration form was current (again, I didn't have my reading glasses on).

The officier takes my license/registration to his car to look me up and I start laughing as I haven't been pulled over in almost 20 years and I like the fact that I stopped at exit 42 as it reminded me of Douglas Adams.

Anyway, a couple minutes pass and he lets me go with a warning. Sure, you could say I only think he was a good cop because he let me go with a warning, and I would agree, but I still appreciate that being only the 2nd time I have ever got out of a ticket. :)

My business partner is a Portland Cop and he is not a hot head like the azz hole who shot the dog in the other thread .
I have a lot of respect of these guys for the most part ,the azz hole who shot the dog is a complete moron dog hater and a liar does not deserve to wear the uniform street scum gets more respect from me . OK I'm done belly aching

Its the darndest thing; I am 47 years old and in my entire lifetime I have yet to meet a cop who was anything but courteous, polite and respectful to me. Of course, maybe that has something to do with the fact that I have been courteous, polite and respectful to them. Or, maybe 99% of them really are mean nasty poopyheads like everyone says they are and I have just gotten incredibly lucky.

A couple of years ago my wife and I were victims of identity theft. Someone with a "skimmer" was able to clone one of our debit cards and they started buying a bunch of stuff down in CA with it. They cleaned about 2 grand out of our checking account before our bank's fraud dept froze the account and notified my wife, who handles our finances.

My wife called the police, and a Newberg PD detective wound up meeting her at her office and sitting there with her for over an hour while she accessed our account online and printed up bank statements, reciepts etc. for him. She was a little freaked out, afraid that we had lost a substantial sum of money, afraid that criminals now had personal information on where she lived and worked, and it was very comforting for her to have the detective sitting there and working with her. Due in large part to the cooperation of that detective, the necessary paperwork was filed with our bank in a timely manner and we were made financially whole again in 3 days.

Of course, stories like the one above are boring and humdrum. Nobody really wants to hear anything about the 99% of cops who do good for their communities, its a lot more interesting to read about the 1% who make the rest look bad.

Its the darndest thing; I am 47 years old and in my entire lifetime I have yet to meet a cop who was anything but courteous, polite and respectful to me. Of course, maybe that has something to do with the fact that I have been courteous, polite and respectful to them. Or, maybe 99% of them really are mean nasty poopyheads like everyone says they are and I have just gotten incredibly lucky.

I don't deny there are bad cops out there, always will be.

This has been my experience, though.

@soberups perhaps you have this thread confused with the other one.
Post 32 ref: Post 27.
The police did a good thing, hence I am willing to share that.
That situation could have ended because of officers on adrenaline, fearing for their lives, took deadly action.
But it didn't, and it seems it ended on a compassionate note.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top