JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
KPTV Ch 12 Portland has on their news scroll this morning:
Washington County Deputy saved motorist from a burning jeep - the deputy was off duty at the time.
Apparently happened on Saturday.

Searches of their web site and of news on Google turn up no links.

via Oregonian:
Sherwood [Oregon] police captured six sheep that made a break from their trailer

" Police ran after the sheep. They also pursued the sheep in patrol cars, Hanlon said.

Eventually, after about 30 minutes, police had the sheep surrounded. "

But you know, while reading the rants about bad cops, one thing I never hear is a rant about bad service when someone calls 911 and asks for help, whether it is a stray dog or prowler, or whatever.

About 4 years ago and a cold wet night about 3pm my dog went ape poop, so I opened the door and saw a 350 pound naked guy (from the rear - ouch) sitting on our fence. I did a few double takes and then asked him what he was doing. He simply asked me to call the cops, so I called 9-11 and described the situation, and here is an example of the dialog.

O (for operator): "How tall is he?"
Me: "I don't know I didn't get that close."
O: "What color is his hair?"
Me: "Look I've told you what is going on, and you have my number from caller ID, and you can check that I actually live where I'm reporting this incident to be, so why are you asking me these stupid questions!"
O: "Well we are sending out a squad car and we want to be able to identify the suspect!"
Me: "I assure you, he's the only 350 pound naked guy out there this time of the night!"
O: "Is he still naked?"
Me: "That's it, I'm going to go out there with a blanket." and I hung up.

He told me he was trying to join a gang, but they said he was too fat, so they beat him up and left him naked. Then he threw off the blanket, got up and started doing 'gut in contact with the pavement' push ups in the street, so I guess he had resolved, right then and there, to get in shape. Just then the police showed up, and took him away.

O:"Does he have any distinguishing marks?"

About 4 years ago and a cold wet night about 3pm my dog went ape poop, so I opened the door and saw a 350 pound naked guy (from the rear - ouch) sitting on our fence. I did a few double takes and then asked him what he was doing. He simply asked me to call the cops, so I called 9-11 and described the situation, and here is an example of the dialog.

O (for operator): "How tall is he?"
Me: "I don't know I didn't get that close."
O: "What color is his hair?"
Me: "Look I've told you what is going on, and you have my number from caller ID, and you can check that I actually live where I'm reporting this incident to be, so why are you asking me these stupid questions!"
O: "Well we are sending out a squad car and we want to be able to identify the suspect!"
Me: "I assure you, he's the only 350 pound naked guy out there this time of the night!"
O: "Is he still naked?"
Me: "That's it, I'm going to go out there with a blanket." and I hung up.

He told me he was trying to join a gang, but they said he was too fat, so they beat him up and left him naked. Then he threw off the blanket, got up and started doing 'gut in contact with the pavement' push ups in the street, so I guess he had resolved, right then and there, to get in shape. Just then the police showed up, and took him away.

O:"Does he have any distinguishing marks?"

that almost belongs on the not enough goofy hurmor thread

We all have our bad LE storys. But there are plenty of good ones, they are just overshadowed by the bad. I actually had a officer follow me home to get my proof of insurance. Thought that was cool.

Funny bad was on Roy Rodgers rd..freezing raining short sleeve, took car to jail,officer said no blanket there for emergencies. Nice huh

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top