JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OSP Officer working today came into Sportsman's Warehouse on 82nd and hauled away a non-qualified handgun purchaser. NQ d00che-bagz are one the reasons the rest of us have to put up with the rhetoric of the antis, and I appreciate seeing the positive side of the IBC in action.

As much as some of us may loathe the police and some of the abuses that may arise from having authority, I will say many police are also victims of the system and have to deal with it on a daily basis. Also, police have to deal with some of the scummiest elements of society and see some of the most horrible people and situations imaginable. I've heard stories of some of the calls police had to respond to. I can also see where some of them may start to have a grim outlook on society as a whole; especially, when you are expose to this environment on a daily basis.

It's why a lot have drinking problems.

Most LEOs are great amazing people.
But the probably less than 5% that a dirtbags get blasted by the media for months on end until every cop looks bad.
I wosh they would trash politicians like they do police

San Diego police got body cams.
Complaints are down 41%.
Use of bodily force down 47%.
Use of pepper spray down 31%.

I wonder what the use of "brandishing"* the firearms is down
and how far down discharge of the weapon has fallen.

To drop the use of bodily force in half, is not just a good thing - it is Fan-freekin-Tastic!

*What ever would be the right term for a LEO to lawfully pull his gun.

To follow up on Cameras - Oregon HB 2571

2015 SESSION
House Bill 2571
Relating to video cameras worn upon police officer's person; declaring an emergency.
Requires law enforcement agency to establish policies and procedures for retaining recordings from cameras worn upon police officer's person to record officer's interactions with members of public.

Your legislators want to hear from you.

<broken link removed>

""If it's gonna prevent a robbery, if it's gonna prevent a homicide, if it's gonna make our citizens feel safe...We can live with it...We don't want it to become a flea market out there, but certainly it hasn't been a problem." - Chief of Detectives Brian Foley"

Kudos to these two deputies for not unloading on the homeowner after their Sheriff had been shot, and kudos to local LE and prosecutors for not charging the homeowner. Very glad the Sheriff will be ok. Hope they find the "swatter" and charge him with attempted murder.

http://bearingarms.com/oklahoma-police-chief-shot-apparent-swatting-raid-homeowner-wont-charged/

Wow, kudos indeed! I can't believe that the situation didn't turn into a blood bath!
Swatters need to be swatted!:s0130:

<broken link removed>

"According to Harn, the two suspects pulled up to the event in a car, immediately got out with assault rifles and began shooting at a police car that was parked next to a barricade.

Garland ISD Officer Bruce Joiner was hit but suffered non-life threatening injuries.

A traffic officer at the scene opened fire on the suspects with a service pistol, killing both of them outside their car.

"He did a very good job and probably saved lives," Harn said of the officer, whose name has not been released."

<broken link removed>

For the TL;dr crowd
Retirement home has penny ante gambling
Someone filed a complaint
Cops came:
" But police ultimately decided the small-stake games were harmless. They apologized, said Bob Burnett, president of the condominium association's governing board.

"A complaint was made and they had to check it out," he said.
"

I have a friend who has been with a certain sherriffs office for about a month. Some of the stories of the people he has dealt are things I could have never imagined (and I am one sick individual). It shed a whole new light on why some officers might seem a little short or bubblegum-ish. I don't think most of the rest of us have much of a clue as to what they go through.

12316200_1156284151065576_187525303993144550_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/HibbingPol...269216433743/1156284151065576/?type=3&theater

12316200_1156284151065576_187525303993144550_n.jpg

San Diego police got body cams.
Complaints are down 41%.
Use of bodily force down 47%.
Use of pepper spray down 31%.

I wonder what the use of "brandishing"* the firearms is down
and how far down discharge of the weapon has fallen.

To drop the use of bodily force in half, is not just a good thing - it is Fan-freekin-Tastic!

*What ever would be the right term for a LEO to lawfully pull his gun.

I wonder if the camera chills the perp?

Florida cop gives himself ticket after reviewing traffic video
Published October 29, 2016
FoxNews.com
Facebook Twitter livefyre Email Print

1477747525009.jpg
Haines City Police Officer Tim Glover spotted his car in the Sept. 8 video.

A police officer in Florida who was scanning video footage of traffic violations came across his patrol car running a red light.

Haines City Police Officer Tim Glover spotted his car in the Sept. 8 video. He remembered he was getting lunch and was turning left at an intersection while the light turned from yellow to red. Up until seeing the video, he told WSTP.comthat he was unaware of the violation.

"I realized that the vehicle did look familiar, and I was hoping it wasn't mine, but I walked out and confirmed it was mine out here in the parking lot," he told the station

He could have covered it up, but he informed his boss about the infraction and was promptly given a $160 ticket.

"I've always been taught that if you've done something wrong, to take responsibility for what you've done and accept your punishment," Glover said. "In this part, it was paying the fine and getting my letter of reprimand."

Florida cop gives himself ticket after reviewing traffic video

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top