JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good cop…. ( 35 years ago.) I just wanted to thank O.S.P. officer Cundell stationed out of Burns Oregon. who would spend time visiting and hanging out with me and my firends, We were high school aged rebel rousers, yet he had time for us, and was a good influence for us.. he is retired for sure by now, and may no longer be with us.. but if he is and sees this.. Thnxs Tim!

In that case I would like to thank Officer Lupinski--He used to come into my workplace when I was 16 and shake us all down for marijuana- We would leave a bunch of hand-rolled cigarettes
laying around to bait the good officer with and he always tore open every one he found--Officer Lupinski was just the type of jerk cop every teenager should meet, in order to learn about jerk cops
He couldn't find an actual joint, even with all the trying he did, but I hope he is doing OK anyhow:eek:

via Maggie-

After making contact with the woman, Devine loaded the scooter in his patrol car and gave her a ride home. Vehicles such as Amigos cannot operate on the expressway safely since they are unable to maintain the minimum speed limit of 45 mph. Most mobility scooters cannot travel faster than 5 miles per hour.

It was kind to help her out instead of citing her.

76-year-old woman takes mobility scooter down I-75 after trip to Walmart

Years ago, my Mom was hit broad side at an intersection 1 block away from home, the lady that hit her was not paying attention and ran a red light and hit mom in the driver's door. Lucky for mom, two of Portland's finest from the east precinct were two cars back and saw the whole thing. The female officer helped mom and the other officer took care of every thing else. After ward, the female officer drove mom home, and the car was towed home after. Less then a month later, that young female officer and the same partner were shot in cold blood while doing a knock and talk with a known drug dealer who had set up an ambush at the house he was living at! Thankfully that p.o.s. died in the hospital secure ward from a single gunshot in his bubblegum!!! People always have bad things to say about the Portland cops, but at least two of them went way above and beyond to help my Mom, and later gave there lives to help keep us safe in the not so nice world we live in! God bless those two Portland officers!!!!!

I don't want or need them ever, and never will.

Sorry to be a downer though this will be my last post here.

Some nice stories would be great. Really, the best story I could imagine would be a stand up honest cop who stops his cop buddy from beating up on a little kid or tasing a 87 year old woman. A cop who stands up for what is right despite pressure from his peers to stay silent.

Now that is the type of story I'd love the hear, but doubt I ever will.
I think when someone says they want to move out into the country, buy a piece of land, and get away from people, This guy is their neighbor. He obviously hates the police for whatever reason which is his right to do. Hope he never needs them or their help.
Civilization is people grouping together for mutual interests. To maintain law and order there must be some sort of way to keep those who would do us harm. They don't create the laws but they do enforce them. Don't like the laws, change them.
That said I think that in our desire to do nothing we have allowed laws to be invented that are disruptive to the normal flow of life. Yes, you are responsible for your own safety and have the right to defend yourself, but within limits. Your ability to defend your beliefs end at my nose. And mine, yours.

I think when someone says they want to move out into the country, buy a piece of land, and get away from people, This guy is their neighbor. He obviously hates the police for whatever reason which is his right to do. Hope he never needs them or their help.
Civilization is people grouping together for mutual interests. To maintain law and order there must be some sort of way to keep those who would do us harm. They don't create the laws but they do enforce them. Don't like the laws, change them.
That said I think that in our desire to do nothing we have allowed laws to be invented that are disruptive to the normal flow of life. Yes, you are responsible for your own safety and have the right to defend yourself, but within limits. Your ability to defend your beliefs end at my nose. And mine, yours.

Actually I feel for Bert, I have been screwed around by the cops more times than I can count, but I never had one try to actually kill me yet. Unfortunately
our society at this time cannot run without cops. Even the super bad cops we hear about publicly are fairly few and far between, unless you are a minority figure, so for the most part, police do seem to be doing a decent job at keeping society together. Honestly, if I could make a change I think it would be to the way congress works (they don't). Congress is so busy appeasing their big corporation masters they seem to have mostly forgotten about us little people:eek:

Actually I feel for Bert, I have been screwed around by the cops more times than I can count, but I never had one try to actually kill me yet. Unfortunately
our society at this time cannot run without cops. Even the super bad cops we hear about publicly are fairly few and far between, unless you are a minority figure, so for the most part, police do seem to be doing a decent job at keeping society together. Honestly, if I could make a change I think it would be to the way congress works (they don't). Congress is so busy appeasing their big corporation masters they seem to have mostly forgotten about us little people:eek:
I always revert to the idea that all of the police want to go home to their families every night just like me. I feel that we hear about when things go wrong but not nearly as often do we hear about the times when they go right. People are very quick to judge, especially when the police are involved and FB only leads to loud and unknowledgeable comments from people about what they "think" or what someone else posted that they take as gospel. Believe in the better good of people. You may be disappointed sometimes but you'll happier in the long run. The vast vast majority of people are good people who are only trying to do the right thing. Even cops.

I have a ride-along with the WCSO in late August. If this thread is still around I'll try and update what happens.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top