JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
When you go to Goldenrod page of Battenfield's website and click on the warranty link at the bottom of the page, it takes you to the "Lockdown" warranty page. I'm assuming Goldenrods are a Lockdown branded product...

And here is what it says (below). The part I bolded/underlined seems pretty clear to me that the product is not designed to last forever and that the warranty doesn't apply to normal wear and tear...as is the case with most warranties.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
This Limited Lifetime Warranty is offered by lockdown and applies to Lockdown™ brand products. Covered Products are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the Covered Products. Lockdown will repair or replace with an item of equivalent value, at its option, any Covered Product or component part which is found to be defective under normal use and service, without charge, and within a reasonable amount of time after notification and delivery of the Covered Product (as set forth below), for the lifetime of the Covered Products. The life of the Covered Product means the life of the materials and components of the product. While Lockdown uses the very best materials and components for its products, all materials and components eventually wear out with use and exposure over time. A Covered Product's life is therefore measured by how much use it gets and how well it is cared for -- not its overall age.

This warranty is limited to the original owner of the Covered Product and is not transferable. If the Covered Product was not purchased new from Lockdown or an authorized retailer this warranty is null and void. In order to be eligible for service or replacement under this warranty, the original owner must provide valid proof of purchase (e.g., a dated sales receipt). With respect to such Covered Products, this warranty supersedes any and all other warranties.

This warranty does not cover normal maintenance and service, ordinary wear and tear, and does not apply to any Covered Products or component parts which have been lost or stolen; or subject to commercial use, corrosion, misuse, neglect, intentional damage, carelessness, accident; unauthorized or improper disassembly, adjustments, modifications, or repairs made or attempted by anyone other than a qualified technician following Lockdown authorized procedures; or as a result of failure to follow the Covered Product's operating and care instructions. This warranty also does not cover batteries, or defects arising from improper or faulty batteries, or any damage that is cosmetic only and that does not affect the covered Product's operation or performance (as determined by Lockdown in its sole discretion).

I'm gonna go by the wrapper on the outside of the package that states: Lifetime Warranty. Do the critics of my annoyance on here know what lifetime warranty means?

Maybe a liberal can explain it to ya:eek:

I can only surmise that by the tone of your writings in this thread, you took up such a tone when dealing with the customer service reps and for some odd reason, they decided against going above and beyond to replace your broken item.

I'm sorry you feel slighted, but I think this is the definition of what the kids these days call "first world problem".

Most would feel lucky to have an electrical item that is likely manufactured in a foreign country by the lowest bidder, last as long as yours did.

As others have explained, and you've chosen to ignore, "lifetime warranty" only means what the company wishes it to mean.

If you're really this bent, perhaps a consultation with an attorney can explore your options for compensation. I look forward to the follow-up thread after this consultation.

Last Edited:
Yeah, I'm gonna pay an attorney $5,000 to sue a company that can & will pay their attorney $50,000 to get outta paying me $50 for the replacement goldenrod-- IDK where you went to economics but you shouldn't have passed:eek:

Yeah, I'm gonna pay an attorney $5,000 to sue a company that can & will pay their attorney $50,000 to get outta paying me $50 for the replacement goldenrod-- IDK where you went to economics but you shouldn't have passed:eek:
What's it gonna cost to get that burr removed from your butt? :D :s0140: :s0087:

Sorry buddy, I started typing and I just couldn't help myself. I feel for you but this is too much fun.

Last Edited:
I'm gonna go by the wrapper on the outside of the package that states: Lifetime Warranty. Do the critics of my annoyance on here know what lifetime warranty means?

Maybe a liberal can explain it to ya:eek:
Even liberals know that...

1) There are legal terms and conditions associated with all warranties and...

2) To understand what the warranty includes, one has to actually read those terms and conditions, and...

3) The full terms and conditions of said warranty are almost NEVER printed on the packaging because there simply isn't enough room.

The irony here is that you weren't even aware that there was a warranty, so clearly you didn't purchase the product because of the warranty, and you only became all butt hurt after the fact.

The other irony in this is that you posted this to try and make the company look bad but you are the one that comes off looking both ignorant and petty AF. :)

Last Edited:
It now costs $50 & I'm not the one who wrote 'Lifetime Warranty' on the package

You will find virtually any product that uses electricity is warrantied for one year, period. And in many cases once it leaves the store it is non-returnable, unless you can prove it never worked at all. So if it lasted seven to eight years you got your money's worth. As for it's $50.00 cost today, bread isn't 50 cents a loaf anymore either, nor is gas $1.00 a gallon.

Last Edited:
I never said I was smart but I know what the f Lifetime Warranty indicates & I'm certainly not the only one who does.
Indicates is the key word here indicates to you, you mean.

Lifetime warranty is for defective materials and or workmanship. Now if it stated 'lifetime replacement warranty' ya might have a leg to stand on here. Even if it were what you think it is if you came off sounding on the phone to their customer service like you are coming across here I dont blame them for brushing you off.

Side note: Please refrain from breaking rule #1 of the site lest you lose your right to visit, permanently.

You will find virtually any product that uses electricity is warrantied for one year, period. And in many cases once it leaves the store it is non-returnable, unless you can prove it never worked at all. So if it lasted seven to eight years you got your money's worth. As for it's $50.00 cost today, bread isn't 50 cents a loaf anymore either, nor is gas $1.00 a gallon.

Actually what I've found is normally an electrical product is warranted for 30 days, Costco gives ya 90 days--however none of those products ever say 'lifetime warranty' on the package.

My problem here is I don't like being lied to-- now just because our lawmakers & lawyers get away with it isn't cause for everyone else to pile on-- obviously my detractors do enjoy being lied to & I'm afraid I can't help that

Indicates is the key word here indicates to you, you mean.

Lifetime warranty is for defective materials and or workmanship. Now if it stated 'lifetime replacement warranty' ya might have a leg to stand on here. Even if it were what you think it is if you came off sounding on the phone to their customer service like you are coming across here I dont blame them for brushing you off.

Side note: Please refrain from breaking rule #1 of the site lest you lose your right to visit, permanently.

No, if a warranty is to have limits then it should either have an * following it or it should say 'limited lifetime warranty'

I happen to have the original packaging right here & it states: Lifetime Warranty
then please read the warranty on their site that states.....

The life of the Covered Product means the life of the materials and components of the product. While Lockdown uses the very best materials and components for its products, all materials and components eventually wear out with use and exposure over time. A Covered Product's life is therefore measured by how much use it gets and how well it is cared for -- not its overall age.

Do you have the receipt for the one that wore out? If not, and most likely due to age if you do, the warranty is void anyway. This pretty much ends your argument so move on, there's more important things in life to spend time on, I'm out.

I happen to have the original packaging right here & it states: Lifetime Warranty
then please read the warranty on their site that states.....

The life of the Covered Product means the life of the materials and components of the product. While Lockdown uses the very best materials and components for its products, all materials and components eventually wear out with use and exposure over time. A Covered Product's life is therefore measured by how much use it gets and how well it is cared for -- not its overall age.

Do you have the receipt for the one that wore out? If not, and most likely due to age if you do, the warranty is void anyway. This pretty much ends your argument so move on, there's more important things in life to spend time on, I'm out.
I think Bill has a point here. If it's not the kind of lifetime warrantee an ordinary individual would expect it to be, the packaging should indicate that. Whether he read it in the store, the day he brought it home or the day it failed. It really should say "limited" or "see web site for details" or something. Let's face it, if you can sue McDonalds because their coffee is hot, and we have to have warnings on hair driers not to use them in the shower, I think this is a reasonable expectation.

Also he's managed to get 3 pages out of a warrantee for a heated stick. That's probably better than I could do. :D

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads