JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Watching the first episode since they actually arrived at the mine as I type this. With each commercial break, they keep saying Dakota Fred will show up with good and bad news...

Here he comes, and here we go!!!

Watching these guys is like watching a gamblers addiction show. They justify their next move because 'they feel like this is gonna be the big one.'
I like the show but feel bad for them too. I do hope they make some money at it...but the odds are surely stacked heavily against them.

I agree with the selective editing observation. Hard to believe he drove up right as the guys were evaluating their first 2 pans of pay dirt.

But at face value, at least from what we've been shown, it seems "Let's talk up here face to face," translates into "You mortage everything for gear, get all your friends together, trek to Alaska, drain 60' of water out of the glory hole... and then I'll come there (alone) and tell a dozen guys that I wasted their time." In my little world, that would be cause enough for a severe *ss-kicking, at least.

I want to see them do well, too. At least this time they didn't bring all their wives and kids! That was ridiculous.

I liked how Dakota said he wasn't a claim jumping scoundrel. I want to lay it out for the old man to understand because he is either in denial or retarded; possibly both. 1. You worked on the mine with them and start finding gold. 2) You go behind their back and buy the mine. 3) You kick them off saying you will mine the spot they just found. How does that not make him an ***hole?

Hey, it's just a TV show, with a script and deliberate tension. The guy's gettin' the big bucks to act like that. And to think I'm an *** hole for free, LOL. :)

I like Dakota Fred. He's a straight shooter who knows his business. I understand that in reality the gold was separated out by only the old man and Todd in an enclosed room they would allow no one else in. At the end of the show last season they showed what they had for the year and curiously there wasn't a single nugget in the bunch. Coupled with the statements Todd and Fred made this season, it appears that they were high grading and cheating the claim owner of his share.

The owner, who doesn't want to work the claim, did the best thing for him. Tossed the cheats who don't know anything about the business and sold it to an honest man who does (Fred).

That's what it looks like to me. I still like the show, but it makes Todd in particular, difficult to stomach. Fred is evidently pulling a rich mans share of gold of of that claim right now.

I like Dakota Fred. He's a straight shooter who knows his business. I understand that in reality the gold was separated out by only the old man and Todd in an enclosed room they would allow no one else in. At the end of the show last season they showed what they had for the year and curiously there wasn't a single nugget in the bunch. Coupled with the statements Todd and Fred made this season, it appears that they were high grading and cheating the claim owner of his share.

The owner, who doesn't want to work the claim, did the best thing for him. Tossed the cheats who don't know anything about the business and sold it to an honest man who does (Fred).

That's what it looks like to me. I still like the show, but it makes Todd in particular, difficult to stomach. Fred is evidently pulling a rich mans share of gold of of that claim right now.

From what I understand Todd didn't pay for the lease, so it was fair game. To be honest I'd rather watch show centered around Fred instead of the Hoffman's and their gang of idiots.

The whole part of the show is they don't know what they are doing. The hoffmans have some experience in the past, but not to this extent. They are not idiots, you would look like a idiot too if you ever started something that you have always wanted to do. How many business owners that are successfull and failures look like idiots at first. Most of them. Its easy to sit on your couch and either wishing you could do something like that or take the chance at something you have wanted to do for a life time, and say, thats not how you do it, or they are idiots. LOL, I have met and talked with Todd Hoffman, at their home. He is not a idiot, T.V. shows like this are more theme suggestive then scripted. They didn't film and then say, ok Fred, roll in now, and kept filming, they have weeks of hours of video and snip it together to make a show that contains a "now scripted" outline. The group is getting paid, but the film company makes the show how you persieve it.

want to meet them all? Go to a fishing/hunting meeting they have every month at their place. Free dinner, and great guys, love guns, their group is called crosstrackers.com It has some christian bases designed into it, but I believe in god, and they are cool and fun guys to hang out with

The whole part of the show is they don't know what they are doing. The hoffmans have some experience in the past, but not to this extent. They are not idiots, you would look like a idiot too if you ever started something that you have always wanted to do.
How many business owners that are successfull and failures look like idiots at first. Most of them. Its easy to sit on your couch and either wishing you could do something like that or take the chance at something you have wanted to do for a life time, and say, thats not how you do it, or they are idiots. LOL, I have met and talked with Todd Hoffman, at their home. He is not a idiot, T.V. shows like this are more theme suggestive then scripted. They didn't film and then say, ok Fred, roll in now, and kept filming, they have weeks of hours of video and snip it together to make a show that contains a "now scripted" outline. The group is getting paid, but the film company makes the show how you persieve it.

Ok they're morons then.

want to meet them all? Go to a fishing/hunting meeting they have every month at their place. Free dinner, and great guys, love guns, their group is called crosstrackers.com It has some christian bases designed into it, but I believe in god, and they are cool and fun guys to hang out with

Yeah that was real Christian the way they treated Dorsey, who I admit was a high strung nutball, by either bullying or punking the guy every five minutes. Even when the guy managed to get one thing right they still shut him down. If Heaven is populated by these guys then I'll take **** in a heartbeat.

The Hoffmans could screw up a one car funeral. Fred is a professional.
That is the way the show was edited at least.
Now; everybody has a new rig, new trailer and money to continue and pursue a new
claim in the Klondike. Big bucks in "reality" TV you just have to let them show what a fool you are

Is there a circle jerk after the prayer meeting?

what ever, those of you who left comments towards my comments, well, either you don't go to church or you don't have a clue on what being christian is. Everyone sins, no one is perfect. Im sure all of you are just perfect people too. It doesn't bother me that you think your better than someone else to make fun of them, but the fact you do it behind a computer. Your more than welcome to come meet them this month and me, but If you don't want to, no one is going to put you down for it.

However it's set up, scripted or merely themed, I believe the whole thing that pulls most of us into watching is wondering what we'd do under similar circumstances. I, for one, would need more of a sure thing before I signed on, television backing bucks or not. And of course if it were a sure thing, then everyone would jump in and it wouldn't be even remotely interesting to watch. So the fact is, I'll never have a bag of gold I scoured out of the earth. Instead, I settle for watching and wondering at home, with a cold beer in my fist.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top