JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I want to go to the Larch rock pit to do some shooting and sight in a scope, I seem to recall there's some late hunting season going right now and I just wanted to see if anyone knows if I need to have a hunting license to carry and shoot. I know where I used to live (Colorado), you did. Don't wanna head up and end up with a ticket.

I target shoot all the time during hunting season with no hunting license. So do all my friends and relatives. No ones ever said anything to me about it, including the park ranger up here where I live.

I'm pretty sure if it isn't, it's pretty close. Better to err on the side of caution in my book. I've been placed in cuffs due to misunderstanding before. No charges once they finally got around to questioning me, but I'd rather not repeat the experience. Sitting in the back of a squad car with cuffs on behind you SUCKS and hurts.

I'm pretty sure if it isn't, it's pretty close. Better to err on the side of caution in my book. I've been placed in cuffs due to misunderstanding before. No charges once they finally got around to questioning me, but I'd rather not repeat the experience. Sitting in the back of a squad car with cuffs on behind you SUCKS and hurts.

And you didn't sue them under civil rights law 1983? The way you stop LE from stepping on people's rights is to make it cost them/

So I want to go to the Larch rock pit to do some shooting and sight in a scope, I seem to recall there's some late hunting season going right now and I just wanted to see if anyone knows if I need to have a hunting license to carry and shoot. I know where I used to live (Colorado), you did. Don't wanna head up and end up with a ticket.

Is there soemthing I need to know. F&W law is in RCW 77..read it. I do not know how they could charge you, but read RCW 77 to be sure.

I don't think you will have any problem no matter if hunting season is open or not. Take a look at this:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

After reading this it seems pretty clear to me.

Well if it's deer season and you are running about the woods without a license they may question you,but now,with it only being coyote season,I don't think they care.
And I don't see them caring unless you are looking like you are hunting and not sport shooting. You know, like glassing a clear cut?

Good info was always curious bout this too. Also keep in mind the "department of natural resources" manages Larch. (last i checked anyway been a few years so may have changed)

Also dont forget if you collect 3 bags of trash while your up there and snap a pic (dont forget your screen name on cardboard or paper in the pic with the date to "authenticate" it) You get a FREE Bronze membership!

Huh, that's cool. I almost always make it out with a few bags of trash at the usual pits I go to. Though last time, that got cut short when I accidentally put my hand into a pile of human crap that was next to a bottle. Fortunately I was wearing cheap work gloves, which then also went into the bag.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top