JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Surprising the lack of .22's (especially considering the unavailability/demand of .22 ammo) and I totally understand. I hate to say it but I'd probably give up the/a shotgun to have a good .22 rifle for the potential utility it could provide.. and I hardly ever shoot .22.. I reload.

Then a 9mm handgun and modern sporting rifle in .223.. the biggest thing I shoot is coyote and that/they kills them fine.

Springfield XD .45 Tactical (loaded w/ 200gr +P Hornady TAP)

Mossberg 500A (Loaded w/Winchester PDX-1)
Mossberg_500_2_barrels.png

WASR-10 (Loaded w/123gr Wolf JSP)
wasr10jg.jpg

Hmm. Three gun? For what purpose?

For home defense it is Mossberg 500 with M1 Garand backup for the tough ones (plus tons of cheap CMP ammo). M66 for CC.

For competition I'll be trying the Mossberg, M1 Garand and either 686+ or PC 627 Vcomp. I like to be a maverick.

The real answer to the question is that I EDC 9MM

My Nasty firepower
7MM Magnum Rifle
.357 Magnum
12GA Magnum 00 buck

My son would shoot the same.

For the wife and Daughters;

.22lr semi auto pistol
20GA 2-3/4"#3 buck
.22lr Semi auto rifle

The question of what purpose are these three guns serving is a damn good question.

Day-to-day, hunting, apocalyptic SHTF Mad Max scenarios? What?

That said, here's how mine is shaking out at the moment if I had to.

1. Full-size/compact (e.g. nothing teeny-tiny) handgun for self-defense: CZ P-01

2. Accurized detachable magazine semi-auto rifle in an intermediate caliber with match barrel, free float hand guards, quality trigger, and glass for precision shooting and predators of either two legged or four legged variety: AR-15

3. Lighter-weight big game hunting rifle: I've got plans for a .358 Win here, but the word's your oyster.

My choices are informed by the fact I don't plan on or have the skills to get into a gun fight anytime soon, so an AK or AR-15 carbine isn't a need for me. I'm not a bird hunter and want a free hand if there's a bump in the middle of the night, so that rules out a shotgun. And since the limit is three, and the .223 can do more than .22LR, my Martin lever gun is out.

If money was no object and the world was ending, I'd find a way to get a short-barreled HK roller locker in 6.8 SPC and .22LR with a suppressor and take my chances.

"The go to 3" and "5 SHTF guns" conversations are fun, but they're not real. In the real world, concealed handguns have been the go to for SHTF, with long guns being reserved for static location defense (LA Riots shopkeepers, some Katrina home defenders before confiscation, etc). They are also the obvious daily carry weapons of RoL.

In a fantasy world, stuff goes Mad Dawn (Mad Max plus Red Dawn!), and I link up with my buddy Dom and some other people. They provide long guns, my circle provides medical professionals, and everybody brings handguns and ammo. Together, we wipe out the jihadist communist zombie riot, and walk away in slow motion when the credits roll.

In the real world, my "go to 3" are... My Glock 19 Gen 4. That's it. I have 2 other handguns, but the 19 is always on me. No matter what the situation is, that's what I have with me.

The question of what purpose are these three guns serving is a damn good question.

Day-to-day, hunting, apocalyptic SHTF Mad Max scenarios? What?

That said, here's how mine is shaking out at the moment if I had to.

1. Full-size/compact (e.g. nothing teeny-tiny) handgun for self-defense: CZ P-01

2. Accurized detachable magazine semi-auto rifle in an intermediate caliber with match barrel, free float hand guards, quality trigger, and glass for precision shooting and predators of either two legged or four legged variety: AR-15

3. Lighter-weight big game hunting rifle: I've got plans for a .358 Win here, but the word's your oyster.

My choices are informed by the fact I don't plan on or have the skills to get into a gun fight anytime soon, so an AK or AR-15 carbine isn't a need for me. I'm not a bird hunter and want a free hand if there's a bump in the middle of the night, so that rules out a shotgun. And since the limit is three, and the .223 can do more than .22LR, my Martin lever gun is out.

If money was no object and the world was ending, I'd find a way to get a short-barreled HK roller locker in 6.8 SPC and .22LR with a suppressor and take my chances.
I said for any situation. As in, what three guns would you take if you didn't know what was going to happen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top