JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1648666658502.jpeg

I've got a set of raptor Kevlar gloves I rarely wear shooting unless it's cold or I'm testing something sketchy 😂

They might be rapdom not raptor I don't remember but they are decent…I'm not gonna shoot myself in the hand or anything but they seem sufficient to stop shrapnel. The raptor ones are wily-x and I think I only spent half that so they're probably rapid dominance brand. Kevlar lined leather and synthetic outer, Kevlar is actually a few layers not s single so not as tactile but they make me feel better especially when I forget my safety glasses 🤣

Last Edited:
Working in manufacturing around sheet metal years back those gloves or leather were mandatory. They are cut resistant, not proof but the few bad cuts I witnessed would have been missing fingers or at least missing all the flesh verses a few stiches.

From that stand point they are great but having a gun exploding your hand all the glove might do is keep your destroyed hand in basically a cloth container, just like a motorcycle helmet might keep your brains in one bucket upon impact.

I would use them but if you're that nervous a bench rest and a long string attached to the trigger might be a better option. Just saying

Looking at your history of threads consisting of questionable modifications, wrong powders and explosion gear, I might suggest NOT going through with any of this.

Working in manufacturing around sheet metal years back those gloves or leather were mandatory. They are cut resistant, not proof but the few bad cuts I witnessed would have been missing fingers or at least missing all the flesh verses a few stiches.

From that stand point they are great but having a gun exploding your hand all the glove might do is keep your destroyed hand in basically a cloth container, just like a motorcycle helmet might keep your brains in one bucket upon impact.

I would use them but if you're that nervous a bench rest and a long string attached to the trigger might be a better option. Just saying
I did that with my first $40 Mosin ! I am like $40 bucks for a gun you are in Raven territory this bad boy needs to be remotely fired lol.

Why would you ever take a chance on ammo you weren't 100% sure of?
I wear gloves at work, working on the car, while doing yardwork, cutting up firewood, etc. It seemed like a logical next step to wear them while shooting a new to me gun or load. I don't think I could ever be 100% sure of every firearm and load I shoot.

Why risk it? If you're going into it knowing it's unsafe…..well……I guess we would t have Darwin awards.

Looking at your history of threads consisting of questionable modifications, wrong powders and explosion gear, I might suggest NOT going through with any of this.
I used to work with a guy….. he would hold up meetings well past their intended end time just asking questions. Random questions that were all over the place regardless of the meeting agenda. You could see him sit there and look up and just kind of stare off into space to think of another question. My dad used to refer to people like him as someone that talks just to hear their head rattle. :D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads