JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm... I must have been asleep in phyics class the day they covered the law that limits any explosive damage of a firearm to "hands and-or face only". I'm quite sure the guy in the video above would have a quantifiable argument to the contrary.

If there is enough doubt to warrant thinking about dropping good money on kevlar just to pull a trigger... and you don't want to go to the bother of having it inspected by a reputable gunsmith.... remote fire! That's what God invented bench vises and shoelaces for in the first place! ;)

The stories could go on and on....

Last Edited:
it can happen to the best of us:

Whiles testing headspace.

d27c0abcd0669303df1b66dc179018b2.jpg

I used to work with a guy….. he would hold up meetings well past their intended end time just asking questions. Random questions that were all over the place regardless of the meeting agenda. You could see him sit there and look up and just kind of stare off into space to think of another question. My dad used to refer to people like him as someone that talks just to hear their head rattle. :D
My wife works in gov and you would be truly angered, if you saw all the random non-work related discussions that occur during taxpayer funded "meetings".

The great thing about NWFA "meetings" is you are free to come and go as you please. No need to wait for meeting to end.

I used to work with a guy….. he would hold up meetings well past their intended end time just asking questions. Random questions that were all over the place regardless of the meeting agenda. You could see him sit there and look up and just kind of stare off into space to think of another question. My dad used to refer to people like him as someone that talks just to hear their head rattle. :D
I would have to waste 30-60 minutes every day in "standups". These were status meetings every morning where each person was supposed to say what they did yesterday, what they were going to do today, and was there anything blocking them that they needed to share. They were supposed to take no more than 60 seconds to do so. If there needed to be a discussion about any of these, then the discussion would be done afterwards as an "aside" between interested necessary parties only so the rest of us could go on about our day.

Invariably half the people would take 5-10 minutes to discuss each item in detail and then launch into debates/discussions. :mad:

We were supposed to standup during these so that they would not last long.

I am so glad I am retired now.

The great thing about NWFA "meetings" is you are free to come and go as you please. No need to wait for meeting to end.
So many meetings/etc. could be done in an email or in some kind of software so that people don't need to attend so many meetings. The last 6 months or so of my job at Daimler, I had to attend two status meetings every morning because I worked with two dev teams in two offices. I usually did this via phone, which usually allowed me to work on my tasks while listening to people prattle on about their days/tasks/etc.

The stories could go on and on....
I've seen most of those threads. Would you suggest that people gear up head to toe everytime they shoot? Or only if they think it might be an unsafe gun/load?

I would have to waste 30-60 minutes every day in "standups". These were status meetings every morning where each person was supposed to say what they did yesterday, what they were going to do today, and was there anything blocking them that they needed to share. They were supposed to take no more than 60 seconds to do so. If there needed to be a discussion about any of these, then the discussion would be done afterwards as an "aside" between interested necessary parties only so the rest of us could go on about our day.

Invariably half the people would take 5-10 minutes to discuss each item in detail and then launch into debates/discussions. :mad:

We were supposed to standup during these so that they would not last long.

I am so glad I am retired now.
Ah, agile methodology as practiced by inept middle management.

I am interested to know if those recommending a string and a vice, have attempted that method at TCGC? I am guessing it wouldn't go over well with the range officers.

Your best bet is to do it out in the woods where you can't injure or kill the person at the bench next to you. I RSO at my range and it wouldn't be allowed for that exact reason.

Your best bet is to do it out in the woods where you can't injure or kill the person at the bench next to you. I RSO at my range and it wouldn't be allowed for that exact reason.
And if you die or get seriously injured you can yell and no one will come to your aid. Allowing one to die alone in silence pondering all the wonderful ideas you had. Sounds good to me.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top