JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a G22 for awhile- good gun. Economics forced me to sell it a long time ago. When I went shopping for a new pistol recently I considered a G23, but the Springfield XDm had much better ergos to me and I appreciate the additional grip safety

Shot them a bunch, especially the G20. Wouldn't own any of them for free.

Worst. Ergonomics. Ever. Yep. EVER.

Where to begin?

1) Finger bumpers hit in all of the wrong places.
2) Unrelieved plastic between the top finger bumper groove and the bottom of the overly wide trigger guard.
3) Strange and irritating back strap hump.
4) Oddly shaped squared off mag catch button.
5) Strange and irritating two piece trigger with grooves in it.
6) Oddball grip angle overall.
7) Shrunken, recessed, and one sided slide release forces sling shot grasps of the slide to RTB.

Glocks bring the seven deadly sins of pistol grip design malpractice into one overly fat and blocky series of pistols.

This is to say nothing of the idiotic "pull the trigger to disassemble" design folly.

I guess I'm too much of a peasant to understand Glock's bad ergonomics. The G26 just works for me. Concealable, accurate. reasonable capacity, can use higher cap mags, point shooter. Sure it looks and feels like a 2x2 stick of lumber, and other guns feel better in the hand. But I use it best, so i trust it.

i am new to Glock ownership with the recent purchase of a model 36. So far im stoked . I was a springfield xd guy for a while and i like to be a brand guy so i guess i switched to team glock lol

Man some people have some wimpy hands if they think the glock is thee worst ergo ever.
I love 1911s and single action pistols and H&Ks and Sigs and M&Ps and ,well OK the XD is OK
But there is absolutely no way that the glock is the worst grip ever.

I shoot 1911s pretty good.They fit my hand and point well in my hand.
So do Glocks.
Maybe I'm different because I can adapt to multiple weapons?
Probably more than just that that makes me different but that's for a different thread.

Learn to adapt,so when your OK gun goes down and all that is left working is Glocks,you will still be able to defend yourself.

Man some people have some wimpy hands if they think the glock is thee worst ergo ever.
I love 1911s and single action pistols and H&Ks and Sigs and M&Ps and ,well OK the XD is OK
But there is absolutely no way that the glock is the worst grip ever.

I shoot 1911s pretty good.They fit my hand and point well in my hand.
So do Glocks.
Maybe I'm different because I can adapt to multiple weapons?
Probably more than just that that makes me different but that's for a different thread.

Learn to adapt,so when your OK gun goes down and all that is left working is Glocks,you will still be able to defend yourself.

Think whatever you want, but the choice for me boils down this way:

1) Buy an ugly pistol that works but that my hand says, "it's crap," and fight the thing "adapting" to its high level of suck.

2) Buy a pistol I like, that also works, and not have to adapt to it at all.

Glocks have always been overrated.

I have a Glock 23. I got a storm lake drop in barrel for it though. That way it is easyer on my brass , and I dont worry about leading up polygonel rifling. I like my Glock alot. Thought about trading it in on a 45 awile back. But decided not to. I just baught the 45 XDM . I have never had any problems with mine. But like anything else, It just depends on a persons prefrence and comfort.

Overrated because your hands do fit?
Or overrated because the are in fact accurate and generally work flawlessly?
Or because it's a very durable pistol that comes at a very affordable price?
Or because too many LEOs just couldn't figure out they need to keep their damn fingers off the trigger until ready to shoot?

Tell me how they are overrated,please.They live up to the standards that glock said they would (which just so happened to be the armed forces standards).
They live up to what most writers say they will.They live up to what most owners say they will.
So how are they overrated?
Most don't say that the Glock is the best gun ever made.I know I sure don't,but it is as good as most Sigs or H&Ks at 3/4 the price.
The fact that your hands don't fit the gun,takes nothing away from the quality and durability of the Glock.
"High level of suck" says something to your gun knowledge too_Or lack there of

Good evening Sir

Ugly gun owner
Mike

Now I'll go clean my nice 1911.The pretty gun

Or because too many LEOs just couldn't figure out they need to keep their damn fingers off the trigger until ready to shoot?

Tell me how they are overrated,please.They live up to the standards that glock said they would (which just so happened to be the armed forces standards).
They live up to what most writers say they will.They live up to what most owners say they will.
Most don't say that the Glock is the best gun ever made.I know I sure don't,but it is as good as most Sigs or H&Ks at 3/4 the price.
The fact that your hands don't fit the gun,takes nothing away from the quality and durability of the Glock.

Good evening Sir

Ugly gun owner
Mike

Too many Glock owners in this country come off as ESL drop outs. Go to bed and sleep off the fact that someone out there thinks your precious Glocks aren't all that.

Good evening Sir

Ugly gun owner
Mike

:cool: + 1 dont be a hater of a great gun. i have owned alot of difrent hand guns. they all fired just fine. the only diffrence in any ,Gun and shooter fit . is just that.if it works for you great .if not ,it isnt the guns fault.

I was shooting a 25 auto with my dad one day. I couldnt hit a pop can at 10 feet with that little toy.My dad drilled it out to about 30 feet. the gun shot fine. it just didnt work for me. Give me my G 23, 45 XDM, S&W 686 in 357,or my ruger 22 mag and I would have eaten it up. But those work for me.

Case closed as far as I am conserned. opinions on gun ergonomics and acuracy are going to be slighty diffrent per shooter. IMHO. Take care all.

Taste great....less filling. It is all personal preference. Anyone can pick apart any gun. No gun is perfect and that's a fact. Some would rather buy a weapon because it looks good no matter what the cost. Some buy the best they can with the money they got. Some buy based just on performance and don't have the slightest concern for how it looks. Some buy because they saw it on Call of Duty, some buy to impress others, some buy because some tactical operator on the internet claims their brand spews magical blast and claims feats of marksmanship that only another tactical internet operator would believe....one thing they have in common is that their brand, finish, sights, grip, magazine and caliber are the best... and it is , for them and their needs, budget, belief and uses. The key is to pick out what works for you and don't get offended when someone don't like it, but rather be proud that yet another sheep isn't falling in place.

Oh boy, another place too bash glocks, here goes:

Glock did not "pioneer" the polymer pistol. HK did, look up the VP70Z

There are plenty of reliable pistols out there.

Glocks are popular with police and military because, even someone with an I.Q. of 80 can learn to use one. Rather quickly.

If glocks are so perfect why the continual improvements, 4 generations, really?

Gaston Glock, by his own admission not a gun maker, took a modified striker design from the early 1900's, along with other existing designs, combined it with modern materials and came up with a pistol cheap and durable enough to qualify for a military contract. Good for him. It is no great leap forward in engineering.

Striker designs were not even considered by law enforcement and military to be acceptable until lobbying efforts by Glock. Still most military forces use exposed hammer guns.

John Browning seems to have given up on striker fired guns in the early 1900's in favor of an exposed hammer. I'll go with the guy who had 128 patents and was a real gun maker.

Oh boy, another place too bash glocks, here goes:

Glock did not "pioneer" the polymer pistol. HK did, look up the VP70Z

There are plenty of reliable pistols out there.

Glocks are popular with police and military because, even someone with an I.Q. of 80 can learn to use one. Rather quickly.

If glocks are so perfect why the continual improvements, 4 generations, really?

Gaston Glock, by his own admission not a gun maker, took a modified striker design from the early 1900's, along with other existing designs, combined it with modern materials and came up with a pistol cheap and durable enough to qualify for a military contract. Good for him. It is no great leap forward in engineering.

Striker designs were not even considered by law enforcement and military to be acceptable until lobbying efforts by Glock. Still most military forces use exposed hammer guns.

John Browning seems to have given up on striker fired guns in the early 1900's in favor of an exposed hammer. I'll go with the guy who had 128 patents and was a real gun maker.

I don't hate glocks. I just don't like the fact that the gun doesn't fit me well. I mean I can shoot it pretty good and all but it just don't feel right in my hands...

I have only ever owned two pistols. G17 and G22. I have a .22lr conversion that fits on both. I have shot XDm's, 1911's, M&P's, CZ's, H&K's, etc, etc. I have yet to find a gun that I hate. Well, I take that back. I really do not like subcompacts of any brand. My hands are too big and the recoil is unforgiving. They are not fun to shoot for me. That being said, I like my Glocks, but I would certainly be open to other brands for my next purchase. I don't really want something so similar that I might as well have gotten another Glock. Maybe a 1911 is in my near future. They sure are purty!

I don't hate glocks. I just don't like the fact that the gun doesn't fit me well. I mean I can shoot it pretty good and all but it just don't feel right in my hands...

You just need to search till you find one that talks to you. Go off of reputation to a point. Most all modern service pistols are equally reliable. When I am on the hunt I break it down by features and not brand. I look at the intended use, cal., materials, size, mechanism striker vs hammer vs rotary lock things like that then I find the manufactures that provide the features I am interested in, try my best to at least hold all the candidates if not shoot them. Look at price, after market offerings like holsters, mags, ammo things like that and then make a decision where your hard earned money is going to land. You should put very little stock in what a bunch of strangers are claiming they can and can't do because the gun they do or don't use. Most faceless people are full of canned answers and crap. They all shoot straight it's just where you point them that's wrong. I have seen the cheapest guns make remarkably similar holes as the high dollar models.

Some companies saturate the market and practically give their guns to Militaries or Police.....it was Glock now its S&W's M&P....ask any cop. I work in a place where they train OSP dogs on our compound. They say S&W is fixing to give them a bunch of guns....that's right, give. So when you have tons and tons of anything out there you will have a bunch well and bad surface just due to the shear #'s out there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top