JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody here do not own glocks? I have one just because of their rep and just to say I own one, but I really don't want one. I mean they are good guns but they don't feel as good as my xdm in my hand. I'm trying to find excuses to get rid of my glock but being how reliable they are I can't seem to let her go... So far to me the ergonomics suck and I get slide bites(not bad) also.

I love my Glocks. They really pioneered the polymer framed, "safe-action", high-capacity pistol, and they built a rep on super reliability for relatively low cost. But today, they have many competitors who make equally reliable polymer-framed pistols. So, even though I love them, I'd have to say, they're just one among many nowadays.

I love my Glocks. They really pioneered the polymer framed, "safe-action", high-capacity pistol, and they built a rep on super reliability for relatively low cost. But today, they have many competitors who make equally reliable polymer-framed pistols. So, even though I love them, I'd have to say, they're just one among many nowadays.

Well said branson4020, that is said about perfectly.

I own a G17 Gen 4 in 9mm. On the 4th gen you can change the grip slightly by adding covers to the rear of the grip. They are nice to have but still not nearly and comfortable as a 1911. I also prefer the single action of a 1911. All in all I like my Glock, but I think there are better options.

I had a G19 for the last nine years. It ran great. However, after picking up an HK P30, the glock was collecting dust and I sold it. I also have small hands and the P30 fit me better. Glock makes a great reliable gun. If it fits your hand and you shoot it well, go with it and don't look back.

I have had three different models of gen3's and 4. I just couldn't get comfortable with one.
Yes they are dependable and go bang everytime
Yes they are easy to take apart and clean
Yes there are a ton of aftermarket support for them
But after owning them, an XDm and my M&P's I found the M&P's to be the most comfortable one with the least amount of recoil. The second best thing about the M&P line is that they are made in the US by a US company. Smith & Wesson is starting to make a comeback in the law enforcement market wuth the M&P line.
At the end of the day you have to carry what ever it is that you like, not someone else.

The first handgun I ever purchased was a Glock 19 and it had been with me for 13 years up until 3 days ago. I decided that sentimental attachment is great and all but it's just a Glock so I sold it to a coworker and yesterday I picked up a Walther PPQ. I'll have to put it through it's paces to really see how it performs for me but ergonomically it feels light years ahead of the Glock. I do still own a G30 and love it but this Walther has almost a CZ "fits like a glove" type feel that the Glocks just don't offer me.

My $.02.

Anybody here do not own glocks? I have one just because of their rep and just to say I own one, but I really don't want one. I mean they are good guns but they don't feel as good as my xdm in my hand. I'm trying to find excuses to get rid of my glock but being how reliable they are I can't seem to let her go... So far to me the ergonomics suck and I get slide bites(not bad) also.
One size does not fit all. The Gen 4, like pointed out above, does have the option of changing grip dimensions. I have rather small hands, but I can shoot anything I can wrap my fingers around. For me, owning in excess of 100 handguns over 45 years...the Glock is my number one choice! Yes there are others who have copied Glock....and I always say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!
Glock broke the mold in 1985('86 for the US). I bought one back in '86, and after being a handgun guy for 15 years already....immediately realized how special the Glock was. I had a couple of S&W 9mms at the time and after taking them to the range and comparing them to my new Glock....it was Glock hands down from then on...I sold the S&Ws. The new M&Ps, have finally brought the S&Ws up to Glock standards! But...it took them 20 years to catch up!
The Springfield XDs and XMs are also very nice choices.
Bottom line, Glock gave me a product that was superior to anything else at the time(right out of the box). Few 1911s can equal that w/o a tune up. So, I admire innovation and reliability... and the accuracy is icing on the cake. I am loyal to Glocks, own every model they make, except for the .380 and since I am retired, I don't need to spend money on anything new, when I already own something that serves me well.
For revolvers...it's exclusively S&W.

Very True.
In my training classes, I get to shoot a lot of different student guns...Springfield has hit the mark, so has S&W M&Ps ........It's all personal preference.

Yes there are others who have copied Glock....and I always say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!

Funny you mentioned that .I have a Sigma that I put a Glock 4 lb striker spring in, polished the sear and it shoots nice. For a 300 dollar gun it actually comes real close to a Glock but not quite as nice. Now that I have my CZ 75 SP-01 all my other handguns have been collecting dust.

No dis from me on Glocks. I don't own one, and doubt I ever will. I've never even shot one, only because no one at the range has ever offered. In my relative short time to the hobby I've come to feel that polymer guns are for concealment, that means small and light weight. A full size gun for playing with and reloading for, for me, is going to be all metal. If Glock made something the size,( maybe they do?), of the LCP or LC9, then I'd certainly check them out for carry purpose.

Ok, just one dis.....Glock, glock, glock...Sounds like the cat behind the sofa just before he hacks up a hairball!

Mike