JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought a G22 from a member on this board and so far am really happy with it. I have really big hands and it felt a little small at first, but I did customize it some, new barrel, extended mag release catch, bigger slide release lever,3.5LB trigger and grip extension. Now I REALLY love it! Fits my hand well and enjoy shooting it!

Cheers!:s0155:

I must really be in the minority. I love my Glocks (and all my other handguns) they fit my hand well. Of course, I don't own any Glocks that aren't Gen 2. The finger grooves don't fit anyone I know, and I know a lot of people! :) I don't think Glocks are the BEST, but my 1987 model 19 has been my constant companion since I bought it new, and it has never let me down. I wouldn't sell or trade it for any 4 other handguns. If it doesn't fit your hand, or you don't like the looks or ergonomics, that's fine, but all this Glock hatred is silly. Buy what you want and shoot it, but don't bash just because a particular gun is not your cup of tea.

Glocks are just like every other type of pistol in that they work for some people and don't for others. That is the real beauty of the gun market today. We, the consumers, have so many great choices. I own 2 Glocks and I love them, but they fit my hand well and I shoot them well. I own 1911s as well. My Glock is what I carry because it is a point and shoot gun. I always figured that the least amount of steps needed to fire a gun in a stressful situation the better. That doesn't mean people shouldn't carry 1911s, but I feel like if I were to carry it I would want more time practicing drawing and taking the safety off so that I would have that muscle memory built in.

I must really be in the minority. I love my Glocks.

Not even close, there are oceans of satisfied Glock owners. Might even be the most common handgun out there anymore. Most new to shooting people buy them nowadays, at least that’s what my LGS's agree on, Glock is the top seller in two of the main three here and the other one is XD series......Found that out when I was trying to track down my CZ and talking to the managers on why I can choose from 20 kinds of Glocks but the cant come up with a CZ to save their life.....lol

A common handgun for the common man. Yep that pretty much says it all. After you buy a Glock you can get smarter, educated, less common, and buy a gun that really speaks to you. I suppose it is a good "beginner" or "starter gun" and I was well past that stage when they came out.

A lot of people are "satisfied" until they get a taste for the good stuff.

A common handgun for the common man. Yep that pretty much says it all. After you buy a Glock you can get smarter, educated, less common, and buy a gun that really speaks to you. I suppose it is a good "beginner" or "starter gun" and I was well past that stage when they came out.

A lot of people are "satisfied" until they get a taste for the good stuff.

I owne a sweet 1911 operator, sig 1911, and a few more fancy guns, and like to show them off. But I'll show my G23 to the bad guys first. Its the one I choose to carry. Its the one I dont worry about puttin a lotta range time on. I could shoot a bad guy in the eye at 40ft with it. Its a true work horse, and I love it for that.

Glock was revolutionary in the 80s when it first came out, when compared to the traditional revolvers as a LE weapon. Its advantage over others at that time far out weights its short comings. Many shooters had to adapt to its quirkiness and once they are used to it, it's no big deal. As a new shooter who started exploring handguns in the late 2000's, I looked at Glocks and other polymer guns of late and compared them side by side. Since I had never "adapted" to the Glock or have any opinions toward it, I was able look at all polymers with a fresh eye.

In the end, I've concluded that the Glocks have fall short of a number of other late comers. Although Glock have made many improvements over the years, with the latest Gen 4, many of my dislikes is in its foundamental designs that have not changed - grip angle, feel of the gun in your hand, and slightly subpar controls. Overall, the Glock still makes great pistols and they all do the job very well. It's just that some others have done better with better shooter experience, at least for me. In the end, I felt M&P is a better choice and that's what I decided on.

Today I picked up a gen4 G23, honestly it was a hey look at this, you might like it since you own a couple XD, and I will say compared to gen1-gen3 night and day. Guess I will make my mind up after shooting it, but I swore id never own a glock, even my dad was impressed. Told a friend aboyt my glock today, and he was sure id lost it since I've said next gun will be the sig P229. My local store had no P229 in .40. Then got the Glock as a repayment, and 0rounds fired from it yet, so I like it took it out for a quick CCW spin today.

I switched my XD 45 Tactical for a G3 20 SF about a year ago and haven't looked back. The XD looked nicer, but the Glocks seem to fit my hands better, which I discovered after shooting my buddies 22. Thinking of getting a 23 for ccw.

I don't own a Glock and i don't think i ever will. I have nothing against the gun, but they don't fit in my hand well. It feels like i'm holding a 2x4 with a trigger.

This means i can't shoot well with it, so there's no reason for me to get one.

I don't own a Glock and i don't think i ever will. I have nothing against the gun, but they don't fit in my hand well. It feels like i'm holding a 2x4 with a trigger.

This means i can't shoot well with it, so there's no reason for me to get one.
when was the last time you held one?? I said that till just the other day with a gen4, held a gen 3 and couldn't believe the diffrence. I'm saying check out out I don't consider myself a glock fan but I own one now

when was the last time you held one?? I said that till just the other day with a gen4, held a gen 3 and couldn't believe the diffrence. I'm saying check out out I don't consider myself a glock fan but I own one now

Well, to tell the truth, it's been a while. I usually skip checking the Glocks at gun shows since i'd written them off. But i don't need much of excuse to go fondling some guns again! Thanks for the info, i'll check them out.

Look
Well, to tell the truth, it's been a while. I usually skip checking the Glocks at gun shows since i'd written them off. But i don't need much of excuse to go fondling some guns again! Thanks for the info, i'll check them out.
Look at gen4 Glocks, I usually do too, I own2 XD pistols, a 40xxS&W, a j frame taurus copy, a lot of rifles. And I went in the other day to look over a Sig P229, in .40, my shop didn't have any except an elite dark, and well I wasn't paying $1000+ for a hun I plan on beating to death in my truck in my holster, doing classes with etc. So I was talking to my guy about guns and he said check this out, and honestly the grip angle is still a bit off, but it doe not feel so 2x4ish. I walked out with a G23 Gen4 and, handling the gen3 they have there I still wanted nothing to do with, even for $499,so like $70 savings I couldn't do it. I still need to shoot it, my plans got messed up by some family stuff, with another forum member I know but a trip to the gun shop, or a trip to a gun show is always worth the time

From a few family members and friends I find that the ones that didnt care to much for the gen 3,2,1's liked the gen 4's and the ones who like the gen 4 were not quit as impressed with the gen 1,2,3's. Nothing other than observation from me. I personally like my gen 4 19 and could shoot it quite a bit better and more comfortably than a gen 3 19.