JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We have new matching G23s and I have a G22 and want a G21 with a 10MM longslide conversion. I especially like the large frame/caliber Glocks

It's funny how defensive people get when others on the Internet of all places say they don't like your particular weapon. I found myself getting defensive when another member on this board told me my XDM would be no good when the world collapses because I can't buy every single internal part directly from the manufacturer (even though they are available aftermarket and I'm not an armorer anyway) I found myself getting angry with this person- how dare he tell my my XDm is just a "range gun"? The bottom line is- who cares what that guy or anyone else on the interwebs thinks about my choice in handgun? Not me. I think the XD/XDm is just as reliable as a Glock, and bullets will probably run out before it stops firing so who cares what someone else thinks. Glocks are good weapons for some, the Berretta M9 is a fine pistol, but I had a terrible time shooting it in the military because the grip is fat and my hands are small. I found what works for me. I've owned a Glock- the Springfield is better...for me. Don't worry about dummies on the internets

It's funny how defensive people get when others on the Internet of all places say they don't like your particular weapon. I found myself getting defensive when another member on this board told me my XDM would be no good when the world collapses because I can't buy every single internal part directly from the manufacturer (even though they are available aftermarket and I'm not an armorer anyway) I found myself getting angry with this person- how dare he tell my my XDm is just a "range gun"? The bottom line is- who cares what that guy or anyone else on the interwebs thinks about my choice in handgun? Not me. I think the XD/XDm is just as reliable as a Glock, and bullets will probably run out before it stops firing so who cares what someone else thinks. Glocks are good weapons for some, the Berretta M9 is a fine pistol, but I had a terrible time shooting it in the military because the grip is fat and my hands are small. I found what works for me. I've owned a Glock- the Springfield is better...for me. Don't worry about dummies on the internets

Speaking of dummies, that bolded part wasn't true yesterday and it's no truer today just for the repetition of your falsehood.

And the point was to be able to buy spares before needed, not during the SHTF event. That and one need not be an armorer in order to change an extractor or firing pin, but whatever, you enjoy your range gun.

Shot them a bunch, especially the G20. Wouldn't own any of them for free.

Worst. Ergonomics. Ever. Yep. EVER.

Where to begin?

1) Finger bumpers hit in all of the wrong places.
2) Unrelieved plastic between the top finger bumper groove and the bottom of the overly wide trigger guard.
3) Strange and irritating back strap hump.
4) Oddly shaped squared off mag catch button.
5) Strange and irritating two piece trigger with grooves in it.
6) Oddball grip angle overall.
7) Shrunken, recessed, and one sided slide release forces sling shot grasps of the slide to RTB.

Glocks bring the seven deadly sins of pistol grip design malpractice into one overly fat and blocky series of pistols.

This is to say nothing of the idiotic "pull the trigger to disassemble" design folly.

LOL. Love it. You hit it all right on the head. I'm still a Glock guy all the way, but yeah, the ergos suck compared to others. I liked my XDs. The P30 is hands-down the best grip I've ever touched. In the end, though, I went back to the Glock for the interchangability of it all. Same mags for my 17-19-26, 21-30. I can essentially have one carry system for three different sized guns. Couldn't do that with the HK. Could do it with the XDs. I had all my 9mm glocks custom gripped. Shaved down to mimic a 1911. Was great for my smaller hands. Yeah, hate the ergos, but make the trade offs to get the other stuff that I love about them.

Speaking of dummies, that bolded part wasn't true yesterday and it's no truer today just for the repetition of your falsehood.

And the point was to be able to buy spares before needed, not during the SHTF event. That and one need not be an armorer in order to change an extractor or firing pin, but whatever, you enjoy your range gun.

I'll say this one last time for you Boats, and I'll use small words so you can understand since you just want to flame on people like an idiot. Heck I'll even use the examples you gave me, for my gun:

Firing pin/striker: PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS PISTOL $28.00
Ejector: PISTOLGEAR | YOUR ONE-STOP SHOP FOR ALL THINGS PISTOL $9.25

These parts are readily available for people like you that think they need to possess such things

Are they factory parts? Who cares? They work in the pistol and they likely aren't going to be needed. So feel free to call me a dummy Boats, except you are 100% wrong and I have examples to prove it. Do you have examples that now prove they are unavailable now? I didn't think so. Have a day knucklehead.

That is all

Boats, I've read your posts on several threads now and I can't believe that you'd talk that way if you were face-to-face with the members you're addressing.
We're a friendly group here, and it's why I keep coming back. Play nice, hokay? Just for the sake of those of us with tender feelings.

"Come on people! Can't we just get along?"
- R. King

Boats, I've read your posts on several threads now and I can't believe that you'd talk that way if you were face-to-face with the members you're addressing.
We're a friendly group here, and it's why I keep coming back. Play nice, hokay? Just for the sake of those of us with tender feelings.

- R. King

To whom have I been rude save for Bj, who resorted to calling people "dummies" due to his own inability to control his emotions concerning a pistol platform?

If people are going to lie, obfuscate, mischaracterize certain things, as you saw above concerning factory v. aftermarket parts and why the difference might matter to a person with no dog in the fight, I'm going to call them on it. Noobs are here to learn, not to be blatantly lied to.

I hold an opinion that the XD/XDm are range guns because Springfield restricts access to critical spares. My opinion was not initially directed at Bj, but he took my comment like I'd insulted his mother's honor. Frankly, that's juvenile.

Then, in a thread I am participating in, he rehashes it--as a personal issue he had in another thread, implying I am a dummy for hurting his feelings over my opinion that the XDm is but a range gun. Hey, that's juvenile too.

I have a well reasoned position as to why I think Glocks suck and are overrated, again directed to no one in particular. For that I get a disjointed response that for all the world reads like an advertisement against hardcore drug abuse. Yet another brand junkie who can't take the existence of a contrary opinion.

Yeah, I have the problem.

If I have a problem, it's that people who can't emotionally control themselves seem to respond to my posts. These are just guns under discussion, not anyone's wife or girlfriend in need of defending.

I had a 21 years ago and shot it in IPSC. I'm left handed and the trigger thing meant I didn't have to deal with a safety. Well I sold it and bought others. I have an XdM now and like it. Nothing agains't Glocks, just nothing they make has struck my fancy whenever I had money in hand.

I may be in the minority, don't care one way or the other about glocks. With most it seems a love it or hate it relationship.

- R. King

I bet in person many of our big shots would be a lot nicer

It's ok that you aren't man enough to admit you're wrong Boats- that's a common affliction on the Internet. Clearly you don't like the XD/XDM and that's fine. To be honest I wasn't even aware you were in this thread and was using the term "Internet dummies" generically, not at you specifically. We have a difference of opinion and that's fine. You only want factory parts for your guns. I respect that totally- but it doesn't change the obvious fact that quality aftermarket parts that perform the same function exist and are available- and given I hand picked two examples for you that you wish to categorically disregard clearly shows your level of maturity and education on the matter. Do you only buy parts for your car from the dealer? Do you keep a spare set of engine connecting rods around because you might need them someday- but only factory rods, aftermarket ones are clearly not of high enough quality to do the job. Shake yourself buddy. We disagree, but on this you are wrong. Anyone can easily get any of the small parts for a Springfield you can get for any other gun, and though you say this is false you have NOTHING to back that up except they aren't factory. Aftermarket parts are more often than not just as good if not better than factory parts so your argument boils down to you don't like Springfields- that's fine, don't buy one. My post used you as an example of how it made me feel after reading a series of back and forth posts about Glocks are awesome/they suck and it inspired me to write regarding the OP, not about you. Try not to be so vain to think everything anyone writes is directed at you dude. Maybe consider decaf...
That is all

Taste great….less filling. It is all personal preference. Anyone can pick apart any gun. No gun is perfect and that’s a fact. Some would rather buy a weapon because it looks good no matter what the cost. Some buy the best they can with the money they got. Some buy based just on performance and don’t have the slightest concern for how it looks. Some buy because they saw it on Call of Duty, some buy to impress others, some buy because some tactical operator on the internet claims their brand spews magical blast and claims feats of marksmanship that only another tactical internet operator would believe….one thing they have in common is that their brand, finish, sights, grip, magazine and caliber are the best… and it is , for them and their needs, budget, belief and uses. The key is to pick out what works for you and don’t get offended when someone don’t like it, but rather be proud that yet another sheep isn’t falling in place.

All true! Well stated.

Handguns serve several different purposes. For some hobby, others competition, still for others they are a tool. For me they are a tool, one that serves its purpose exceedingly well. Duty gun G35, off duty carry G23 and back up G27. I've owned and liked XDM, Walther PPS and a few others- good pistols all. If I shot competition seriously I'd probably go with an STI 2011. All I know through all my training (never can have enough) is that under stress your IQ drops by half and the simplicity and reliability of my Glocks are the fit for me. FWIW - My wife carries a Smith Airlite PD340 (Loaded with 38 P+). She doesn't like any of my glocks and she is always right!

I have owned, G27, G23, G22 and G35. I was a big 40 fan when I started with Glocks. They are good for what they are but I have no desire to own another. In fact, I got rid of all mine for other guns. For a little more money, you can get guns with better ergos that fit me better. I would rather spend a bit more for the one I want than get a Glock because it's cheap.

I know people bash you about wanting a nice looking gun but they can cry about it until the cows come home. If you can get a good looking gun that is also reliable, what's the harm in that? As mentioned above, it's all personal preference.

I have a shovel, and it's ultra-reliable, but I don't enjoy playing with it much. The backhoe however...To me Glocks are a bullet delivery appliance and nothing more

I have a shovel, and it's ultra-reliable, but I don't enjoy playing with it much. The backhoe however...To me Glocks are a bullet delivery appliance and nothing more

I love my US WW2/Vietnam era entrenching shovels and can't wait to use them again. I guess I am a tool junkie

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top