JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think I am gonna buy a few of those SGM tactical stick mags.... does anyone have any experience with them?
I got 4 factory 33 round mags but $20 for SMG is better than $35 for factory Glock, as long as it runs as good as it did in this vijiah. Hmmmm I wonder if magpul will make some... hmmmm.

I think I am gonna buy a few of those SGM tactical stick mags.... does anyone have any experience with them?
I got 4 factory 33 round mags but $20 for SMG is better than $35 for factory Glock, as long as it runs as good as it did in this vijiah. Hmmmm I wonder if magpul will make some... hmmmm.

I might consider getting one or two, but has anyone seen these anywhere? They're not even listed on SGM Tactical's website. I can't find them listed anywhere in my Googling so far, just the occasional review.

The test is interesting, but shooting enough ammo consecutively in a short enough period of time to cause problems from a meltdown is just no going to happen in any situation I can think of.

I am from the school of thought that for the military and civilian defense use, a handgun is almost always a last ditch defense weapon, something you use for a short period of time to fight while you get to your long gun, something you use in a special situation for CQB, something you use when you run out of ammo for your long guns.

As such, you may be using it for maybe a couple of mags, to at most 10 mags.

I think the more realistic tests are the guys who have vids up of putting a Glock in mud and other stuff (including peanut butter IIRC?), throwing it from off the roof of a barn, then from out of an airplane, dragging it behind a car, and so on.

https://www.full30.com/video/d9b4aeff2ccd3dc7154285b1dd94813a

I've heard that Glocks will melt or warp if you leave them on the dash of a car - I really doubt that given the amount of heat from the test above.

I also had one guy on another forum claim that the polymer would get brittle and crack over time. So I took a first gen G21 that was over 20 years old, had thousands of rounds through it and I took a 2 pound sledge and pounded on the mag well with no mag loaded while it was laying on a concrete floor. I did this a number of times to get a good video to put on youtube (I have since removed the vid). No visible damage.

You must be reasonable with a gun. Even an AK's handguard will catch fire. Along with an M1, 30 carbine, AR and M-14.

Guns are rated for a number of rounds per minute. This protects the barrel in rifles. And if you exceed it you will have excessive wear. Eventually the handguard will burn. And bad things will happen.

Dose it seam like a Glock will fail sooner than other guns? Do they have a rate of fire lower than other guns?
If so this might sway you to make another choice. :s0153:

Mine are carry guns. So after the mag in the gun and the spare in my pocket. It's a club.

They work well! Actually easier to load than the Khan 17rnd mags.
I own a few.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads