Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Vantucky Council Member Meltdown

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by GRUNDEL, Sep 16, 2010.

1. GRUNDEL

GRUNDEL Washougal Area Active Member

2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Lars had her on yesterday....wow...she is a piece of work....he tore her up pretty good.

3. PBinWA

PBinWA Clark County Well-Known Member

Typical politician. This needs to be resurrected and publicized when time for re-election comes around.

4. netsecsys

netsecsys near: Bellingham, WA Active Member

Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 2:07 PM
    To: Campbell, Pat; Hansen, Bart; Harris, Jeanne; Leavitt, Tim; Smith, Larry; Stewart, Jeanne; Burkman, Jack
    Cc: McDonnell, Pat
    Subject: Ethics violation complaint

September 14, 2010

Mayor and Council,

We believe a violation of the Vancouver City Council Code of Ethics has occurred. Section 6.0 A of the Ethics Code, Standards of Conduct – Mission, states that “Council Members will at all times treat each other with respect and dignity.”

Councilmember Jeanne Harris’ actions toward fellow Councilmember Jeanne Stewart and Mayor Tim Leavitt at last night’s meeting were not respectful and did not treat them with dignity.

We respectfully request that an Ethics Committee be established at the next regular Council meeting, per Section 7.0 of the City Council Code of Ethics policy to investigate these allegations and determine action that should be taken.

Councilmember Jack Burkman
    Councilmember Larry Smith

5. hefftuck

hefftuck the Specific Northwest Member

that qualifies as a meltdown?? also, what kind of mayor is that?? dude can't even control a council meeting?

6. riverrat373

riverrat373 Washington State Member

Thanks for the YouTube link! The 2nd Amendment isn't the only one we should be worried about!

7. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

file.php?id=652&t=1.jpg

8. Decidion

Decidion Washington county, Oregon Member

Wow, every voter in Harris' precinct should watch that video and really reflect if they did the right thing by voting her into office.

9. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

:laugh: Man you come up with the greatest stuff!

On a serious note. The way Jeanne Harris was acting was disgraceful. I commend those Citizens for holding their composure.

10. timbernet

timbernet Boring, Oregon Member

WOW!!!!!!! Just wow!!!

People like that all over the place...

:(

11. Grouse

Grouse Des Moines Member

12. Father of four

13. Father of four

14. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Sounds like all she is going to get is a slap on the wrist, according to the news last night. The folks up there should recall her, and elect someone they can have some respect for.

15. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

16. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

Makes me glad I don't live in Vancouver. Censorship, they ask what business the topic being discussed is to the city and the council member shuts him down mid explanation. I'm just curious, is she the mayor, or is he just an impotent leader? I'm not sure which is worse. Her going off or the mayor not slamming his gavel and shutting her down...

17. GRUNDEL

GRUNDEL Washougal Area Active Member

Having worked for three different small cities I have sat through many council meeting and seen this kind of thing happen too many times. Battles between council member, council members and the public, and the public themselves calling one another outside settle their differences. In the City I now live in one of the women on the council had to file a restraining order after a woman made a throat slashing gesture directed at her during a meeting. The Mayor at the time did nothing.

These things go on when a Mayor looses control of the meeting. I think in the case of the Vancouver meeting the Mayor showed just what he is made of and exposed his total lack of leadership. I don’t see him securing another term in office.

18. Rix

Rix Tacoma Active Member

lousy appology.
    just lousy.

19. Will

Will Everett Active Member

When you get a big head sometimes your little brain has too much room. Something most politicians should remember before they speak.