JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all,

I wanted to find out if I found a good deal or not. I am looking at a USED Glock 21, I believe the gun is a PD trade-in, comes with 2 13rd mags. The asking price is $375. The finish is well worn, there are knicks and scratches on the magwell, the barrel looks good though. So my fellow firearms afficianado, is this a good deal?

Good deal, for a used one. New price is $550, so if you can deal with a few scratches, it's not bad. I had a police trade in G21, and had the slide nickel plated, and buffed out the scratches in the plastic with scotchbrite. It came out looking great.

Good buy! If I was needing one, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

What you described are just superfical cosmetic scars of a tool used by a warrior and used in training and carried to battle on the street. Carry it with honor and pride knowing this is no safe queen and was used to serve and protect!

Continue the spirit of the weapon by "taking it out for many walks" to the range using it to continue to hone your warrior's edge with lots of training and practice! The gun has probably been through countless qualification courses of fire....so every six months take it out and qualify with it or it might get angry with you!

I'd buy it and own it with pride as is; battle scars and all.

+1

I bought a G19 that was part of a police trade in. It was made int 1989, I bought it in about 1998, and only recently traded it. It was a great weapon and will serve its new owner for years and years to come...

Good price. Try the grip out before you get too excited though, they are chunky, and don't fit everyone. I've had two....had the 1st one for 3 years, never could get used to the grip. Thought I'd give it a second try a couple of years later....I'm back into a 1911 now...:s0112: I like the Glocks, they are dead nuts reliable, but the grip angle/girth just doesn't work for me.

All the anti-Glock nonsense aside..the 21 is a good buy..IF it fits your hand.. I don't own one..because I find that I have to "adjust" my grip..after the draw.. Once adjusted..I can shoot it as well as my other Glocks.. But..adjusting means time..and in a critical defense situation..time is not your friend.. Just my :s0159:

I concur with Doubletap...GLOCKs make an excellent defensive or "plinking" handgun choice but like any primarly defensive firearms you want it to fit your hand.

For those who wanted to see what a reduced GLOCK looks like....Robar sent OFA one of their "full reduction" GLOCKs (the entire works) for students to "try before they buy".

Here are some photos of Robar's work on the gun from the OFA Armorery....

robar.jpg

G32 reduced in lower left compared to a G19 without the treatment. Both guns are identical except for caliber and the Robar Reduction.

robar1.jpg

robar2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my 2 cents....I have read a lot about glocks. I heard the agencies stopped using the model 21, due to KB's and I think 2 officers got hurt. Since then I thought they switched to a full size model 22.

Ah, the infamous Glock KB.

I believe that photo is a .40 S&W which was traced to an ammo problem.

OP: If you are worried about the G21, I would advise doing a little research. Google is your friend. Glock is carried by many, many CCWer's and Police Departments. There are countless reasons they are so popular.

Just my 2 cents. YMMV. :s0155:

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews