JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those who have owned or had much experience with the Ruger P-95, what are your thoughts on the pistol. Supposedly they made bunches of them but very few have been listed in classifieds lately. I believe the one I am looking at purchasing is this exact pistol. It is the newer poly frame with the accessory rail. Double action trigger is not great but not bad. Single action is better but not super.

I had one for awhile.
It worked well...shot well for me...I liked the sights and "heft" of the pistol.
Wasn't picky about ammo either.
Just couldn't warm up to the polymer frame , so I traded it off.
Andy

I had one for a bit. I ended up trading it off to my neighbor and he still brings it out when we go shooting. I never minded the looks and it's dead reliable. It's a bit heavy and the trigger is not he best, but for a beater gun, it's not bad at all. For the price though, I'd rather have a PSA Dagger or a couple other options in that price range.

I had one back in the 90s. Absolutely rock solid reliable. Also butt ugly, kind of clunky, and didn't offer anything over other automatics in the class. It isn't a bad handgun, but I have zero desire to own one again. YMMV.

True!

I once handled, and shot an early P95 and well, to me it seemed kind of cumbersome.
Wasn't the S&W Sigma of the same ilk? Those guns were before my time. We fell into a , another Ruger Klunker. SR9C for the wife. Got rid of that I've got to say though that my first plastic-fantastic purchase was an SR9C compact. I actually LIKE the feel of the nice thick grip. And still have it, with a laser, in the quick access safe with one in the chamber and safety engaged.

Compared to modern polymer firearms, it's not that good but I still have my first carry gun which is the P95PR.

I don't really carry it much anymore but it's a good shooting pistol IMO, but they it's what I started with and what my brother started with that I started practicing with.

Mine didn't like aluminum cased ammo for whatever reason but other than that, it ate everything else.

I had one for awhile years ago. It was okay, even took a ground squirrel with it. Much preferred the Glock 19 that replaced it. And have since gravitated to CZ P-09 and SP-01.
For you non Washington state guys, a new CZ P-09 can be had for $349 with 19 round magazines.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top