JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I smile at that sentiment. He's not one who would go for it - a good man, father, and devout Christian (in the truest sense of the word). A true rare breed: someone to whom I would trust my life, family and money.

It just reminded me of that timeless question..................... But to each their own on interpretation.
I always follow the "Constitution" on issues of that nature................Ahehmnmmm.
The real one.

People break laws all the time and if you are comfortable with your sons committing state and federal felonies because you did not want to provide for them to do it legally in your estate then that is up to you.

None of this is new. The GCA has been in effect for almost 50 years.

He is if it doesn't transfer through a dealer. The law is crystal clear on that. Doesn't matter if you are related or not. Doesn't matter if he is in your will or if you are dead. Interstate transfers are legally required to go through a dealer on the recipients side. A competent probate lawyer will transfer firearms to a dealer on the recipients side.

Last Edited:
Please do not post unless it is in fact following the law/laws. The anti's do not need anymore things to point to in the firearm community to fuel their agenda.

yeah, just completely ignore your right to freely express questions because the bigots who hate and already want to see you dead(literally) will look on the forum to find more stuff to lie about. And lets not ask questions about the laws or or pose questions to get a better understanding for the same reasons.

I am just here watching to see who the Bloomberg compliant folks are :)

People have different views on what is legal and what is not and
if it is constitutional or not.
Seem to me that trumps everything.
No pun intended :)

Yep follow the law. Always.

The US constitution is the supreme law in the US when it comes down to it.
But there are folks that argue that fact.

Last Edited:
yeah, just completely ignore your right to freely express questions because the bigots who hate and already want to see you dead(literally) will look on the forum to find more stuff to lie about. And lets not ask questions about the laws or or pose questions to get a better understanding for the same reasons.
My response was not directed towards the OP it was in response to others postings that have been removed.

I look at it this way. Right now the ATF is on standby mode. They don't enforce gun laws. Not many of them anyway. 922r is never enforced and interstate transfer regs arent either. At any time they can be called back from their post Ruby Ridge/Waco exile and begin to enforce the existing gun laws that are on the books. Thats what we're always saying we want right? No new gun laws just enforce the existing laws?

I used to be a dealer and I know what the laws are pertaining to guns. I know that if the ATF has found a gun used in a crime some place they will attempt to do a trace on it. Say I bought a gun 7 years ago from Keiths gun shop. My son who lives in Washington gets it when I die. Drives down and my wife gives it to him. A year later it gets stolen from his car. He reports it missing. 6 moths later some douche in Tacoma robs a convenience store and shoots the clerk. The gun is recovered. The ATF calls the manufacturer who calls the distributor who calls Keiths who gives the ATF my address. Cop comes to my door . Theres no gun because my wife gave it to my son in another state. While all this was going on there had been a change of regime in D.C. and the ATF was given marching orders to enforce existing gun laws. Cop arrests my wife and cops in Washington arrest my son and both are charges with federal gun law violations AND state transfer violations.

Is it worth it?

So Wired, tell me how do you get a rifle home that you purchased in
another state. Do you ship it to your local FFL or would just place it
in the trunk of your car and be done with it. I know as a Washington
resident I may purchase a rifle in another state, take delivery in the state
of purchase , use said rifle on a hunt . At this point take my new rifle
home with me, no more FFL's or transfers.

................................... Jack

You can buy a rifle or shotgun from a dealer in another state . If you are an Oregon resident it has to be from a neighboring state . You can do whatever you want after that. You cannot purchase one from an individual directly.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR