JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We had a possum for a pet , when I was a kid...I could take her on walks with the dog...she was cat boxed trained...and really caused some double takes when she was out in the yard or on walks...:D
Andy

When I was a kid we had a pig that became a pet. Can't remember where the hell we got it. It was of course originally bought for butcher. Whoever owned it had to get rid of it, gave it to us as a baby. It grew up with the dogs. We lived on the water at the end of a dead end road. Now and then someone would end up in our drive since it was the end of the road. When a car would pull up the dogs would of course run up there barking. The pig when grown would run up there with the dogs snorting. The looks on the tourists faces had me wishing we could have got some pics of it. Pig would go with the dogs down to the water in summer and play on the beach too which got people in boats doing some double takes. Not sure what happened to the pig. Can't remember what line the parents gave us but I am sure it ended up being given or sold to someone who soon had it in a smoker :)

I've seen a raccoon walking on the railroad rails by Battleground lake that was that size before. I had to hit the brakes and back up because I thought it was a medium/large dog and had never seen a dog walk a train rail.

.Pig would go with the dogs down to the water in summer and play on the beach too which got people in boats doing some double takes. Not sure what happened to the pig..
It went on to a lucrative career in Hollywood.

upload_2018-3-16_18-54-29.jpeg

Yep, they can get pretty large. Strong too, Ive had them move a 25lb cement block off the top of a bait station at a clients house. So between their strength and ingenuity they can get into some real trouble.. and trash cans. Haha.

Yep, they can get pretty large. Strong too, Ive had them move a 25lb cement block off the top of a bait station at a clients house. So between their strength and ingenuity they can get into some real trouble.. and trash cans. Haha.

Those ones I put that picture of came in the house one morning before we had the dogs. At that time we just had a couple cats. In summer I had the back door open with an opening in the screen so cats could come and go. We kept cat food in large plastic buckets with lids that screw on. Cat's had food out all the time. One morning I hear something fall over, hear crunching. I thought the cats were out there eating maybe one of them knocked the food dish over. Crunching went on for a good while till I finally looked up and both cats were sleeping on the foot of the bed. So I walk out and see one of the Coons run out the door. Little critter could I guess smell the food in the container. He knocked it on it's side and managed to take the screw off lid off the damn thing and was feasting. I was pretty impressed :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top