JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You got to admit, retail stores have been forced to make it more difficult for the rotted dregs of society that have been bred by the leadership of this state that are allowed to get away with their thieving.
Maybe my description was not as I meant, a person wanting to pay for merchandise would have to detour through the zig zag isle to get to the registers. A thief would only have to go forward, the doors are in line with the main isle way. I completely agree with your thoughts on society though 😄

FWIW, that was probably a small blessing in disguise. I've heard the current crop of Rossi rifles are nothing to write home about.
Henry is a little more $$$ but I understand its a better built gun. Not the greatest, mind you, but better.
I understand the CAS guys prefer the Uberti (granted, that's a '73). Again, better than the Rossi.
Just what I've heard/read.
I've got a few Marlin lever guns (1894s in 357; JM and Remlin) and a Winchester 22 (9422 from 1973) and the Rossi stainless 357 I recently picked up has great fit and finish, feeds 38 special (158gr LRN) and 357 (158gr jacketed FP) with no issue at all. I even have ordered a Boyd's laminate stock for it but the Rossi factory stock has better fit and finish without seriously reworking the Boyd's stock. The only thing I've run into is the corners of the hammer spur were a little aggressive for my liking and the loading gate port has edges that I need to soften a little. And my spent brass takes off like it's rocket powered, but I have a new ejector spring to tame that a bit. Frankly, after hearing all the warnings about Rossi, I was cautious but I think I ended up with a real winner. Got it about 3 or 4 weeks ago at a local outdoor store in Medford called Blackbird. When I was in there a week and a half ago, they still had two out on the rack and who knows how many in back. You could try calling them and see if they'll ship it. For what it's worth, I've read a lot of positive reviews on the Rossi rifleman forum about the current Rossi CBC rifles.

Good luck getting hold of one.

They actually found it!

pick-up.png

I don't have a problem with Sportsman's… I go there when I'm in the area doing something else… I look around… look at the prices… compare to ammoseek and either walk away or not… it's easy to not spend money… they ask what I'm doing? I respond and they say cool!

I don't have a problem with Sportsman's… I go there when I'm in the area doing something else… I look around… look at the prices… compare to ammoseek and either walk away or not… it's easy to not spend money… they ask what I'm doing? I respond and they say cool!
That's a healthy attitude.
Seems most of the problem is when ordering online.
So the moral of this tale may be to drag your butt to an actual outlet and see if they have what you want.
If not, find your stuff elsewhere.

So, how long did it take for your order to arrive at your local store? (Mine was ordered on the 10th, still says shipment pending, but when I contacted them they claim it was shipped on the 12th)
Update: Turns out the local store received it 6 days ago. 🤬. No email, no phone call from the local store. I contacted the online customer service number on the 18th, and they said it had shipped on the 12th. Did they contact the local store? No. I even had asked about it several times the past week and was told by the local store to be patient, that I would receive an email when it arrived. Sportsman's definitely puts the "cuss" into customer service. You would think they would be concerned about a handgun that is unaccounted for after 6 days….:rolleyes:

Sportsman's definitely puts the "cuss" into customer service.
:s0140: I like it!

Something to consider. Retail stores are having a helluva time finding people that want to work. I don't know what it is, (maybe I do :rolleyes:)but in the last couple/three years, people don't seem to need jobs. And if they DO decide to try out a "Job"? They're lazy and undependable. It's not just the no call for your gun after the store got it. Look around at the shelves and bins elsewhere. No only Sportsman's but a lot of places. I've seen aisles stacked with freight that, apparently, they have no one to throw it.
I'm POed about it too.

Fudge sportsmans. I bought a firearm online through them and paid with my wifes cc, when I went down to do the bgc they said what I did was highly illegal(straw purchase) and they(manager and other associates) made me feel like a criminal. But another option was to switch the money over to gift cards and use the cards to pay for it. Anyway, they were having issues and everything took longer than 2hrs only to hear "thanks", no sorry for the troubles or anything, I just feel violated. Never spent another penny there since then.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top