JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have never went hunting before.. I have shot squires and birds with my 22 out on family property we used to have. But I would like to try a real hunt for deer. Last summer I bought a Remington 700 30.06 and outfitted it with a GameReaper scope mount, Nikon Prostaff scope, sling, and removable bi-pod. It was my first high power rifle with a scope so it took me about 15 rounds to get it sighted in at 100 yards. Sad but I just need to learn how far to turn the scope dials.

So I got a buddy who I was talking to the other night about how I really want to try deer hunting and he got all worked up saying he wanted to go get a rifle and try it out as well (he is a pistol nut, doesnt have any rifles though)

I guess to sum it up, other than taking the required Hunters Education Class, what are your recommendations for newbies looking for their first attempt at the upcoming deer season?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top