JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It works for a few things... ;)
Isopropanol is poisonous to drink. Its commonly used in rubbing alcohol partly because it dissolves oil and grease and isn't drinkable. And because its also a disinfectant. I like it for wiping armpits. It both removes oil and smelly molecules but also kills bacteria. The stink of arm pits is caused by smelly molecules produced by bacteria working on arm pit sweat and excreted molecules.

So... Just spit ballin' here...
But, did your wife buy this story?
I mean, we're all here with you brother - but... This sounds like a thing I'd come up with. :rolleyes:

(I'd try soaking in isopropyl alcohol myself...)

(ps: And if you're not married, I'd proffer that your 'lady friend' has some serious designs on you. ;))
Yeah, I was reminded of the two legged deer hunting that sometimes took place ages ago when my dad's hunting party would hunt in certain parts of CA that were within easy driving distance of Carson City, NV (Moonlight Ranch, etc.). Dad and I, and my brothers never "stayed out late" on those hunts, but certain others may have. I'll never tell. :p

This worked on my dog when he got skunk sprayed. Try it.
I think to use this remedy correctly, you'll have to put the shirt on your dog and then proceed.

8UQevybhzjhXdlNK56N95e4ilBKl1wQW4WxWVIDpQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

Hey Folks,

Yep. It's exactly what it sounds like. I gave a lady friend my hunting shirt to sew on a zipper. She did a great job sewing...and then washed it with what must have been a barrel of perfume. I've tried soaking, washed it with and without detergent. Washed the shirt using vinegar and baking soda. Soaked the shirt overnight in water and baking soda. Left the shirt in a bag with baking soda for several days.....still a faint perfume smell (although it's not choking me now).

How do I neutralize the smell in my shirt? If I can smell it every animal in five miles has to be getting a whiff.
Try Boric acid powder it neutralizes heavy odors Stay away from Febreze it has perfumes of its own. Have you tried lemon juice it is good on skunked dogs the citric acid is the active ingredient in that and tomato juice, and the lemon juice isn't as messy and you can buy it by the quart size in your local super market.
I speak from personal experience having had dogs for years, give that try.
Gabby

actually I think this might be what works but I will add to use the recipe to remove skunk spray from dogs which is to mix 1 quart 3% hydrogen peroxide with 1/4 cup baking soda, and a tablespoon of liquid hand soap (unscented...). Few years ago my dog tangled with a skunk and the net result was our house reeked, I looked up what actually worked, found the recipe mixed it up in a 5gal bucket put the dog in the bathtub and bathed her in it, rinse and repeat and it worked amazing to dog smelled clean right after the bath.
I would mix up just enough to submerge the shirt for an hour, agitate, then remove and rinse off. Keep the bucket if you need a second bath or two till the perfume is gone.

dunno if it will work, but if it can remove skunk odor so quickly like it did its worth a try.
hydrogen peroxide works wonders of removing blood stains from clothing and even leather. I recently tripped and fell and scraped my wrist on something I was wearing a really nice jacket and white goat skin gloves plus a really nice winter shirt long sleeved of course. I got blood on everything, short stoy I took them all into the bath room and proceeded to soak them with the stuff and you need to use enough to fizz, that is when it works best. It is a bleaching agent You may have heard the term peroxide blond, that's what they used in the old days to bleach their hair. So rinse it out before it bleaches any clothing it's on. I have some traces of blood left in the seams where I wasn't able to get in there. Hardly noticeable!
Oh and peroxide is a great way to help prevent infections it helps flush dirt from a wound, and sanitizes it, if I get a really dirty wound I'll use that and after that Rubbing Alcohol, with some Neosporin Ointment smeared on the Band aide. I've never had any infection following this process.
Gabby

Hey Folks,

Yep. It's exactly what it sounds like. I gave a lady friend my hunting shirt to sew on a zipper. She did a great job sewing...and then washed it with what must have been a barrel of perfume. I've tried soaking, washed it with and without detergent. Washed the shirt using vinegar and baking soda. Soaked the shirt overnight in water and baking soda. Left the shirt in a bag with baking soda for several days.....still a faint perfume smell (although it's not choking me now).

How do I neutralize the smell in my shirt? If I can smell it every animal in five miles has to be getting a whiff.
I've heard tell of a fella that was supposed to be hunting but went to Vegas. On the way home, he built a fire, rolled around in the dirt and smoked his clothing over the fire. It wasn't me, really.

I would expect the hydrogen peroxide would work to descent skunk-sprayed dog. However, I think you should add the quart of HP to enough water so you can submerge the dog except for face. You need good contact between HP and all the stink molecules, and that isn't going go happen nearly as well if you wipe dog rather than submerging.
oil. I think the HP is the only active ingredient in the above mix. HP removes odors by destroying the molecules by oxidizing them. The baking soda in water will be mildly basic. But I don't think its an oxidizing agent. It is used both in water and dry as a deodorant. But OP already tried soaking in water with baking powder. I don't see that adding dish washing soap would be effective either. And OP already tried soap.
Dawn Dish Soap was used to clean crude oil (At Valdez AK when the had that huge oil spill) off of the birds and small animals such as Sea Otters. It was designed to break down all sorts of oils and it works!
Gabby

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads