JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A good friend of mine has a buddy who traded a few items to a guy in exchange for quite a few firearms one of which was an ar15 with what appeared to be a twelve inch barrel, it sure as heck wasn't a 16" anyway.

I suggested he get rid of it proper and he did however what became of it I don't know and it got me thinking.

Are SBRs legal in Washington even with a tax stamp?

And in the event of the situation above what is the proper method of getting rid of such a firearm in a safe and legal way?

A good friend of mine has a buddy who traded a few items to a guy in exchange for quite a few firearms one of which was an ar15 with what appeared to be a twelve inch barrel, it sure as heck wasn't a 16" anyway.

way to rat out your friend. :s0131:

no, sbr is not legal in WA.

Just put the upper on a pistol lower, register it as an AOW (pistol with vertical grip), or remove the barrel. SBR's are illegal in Washington. Having an ar-15 rifle with a sbr upper is frowned upon...

Does it have a stock on it? They do make AR pistols (not sbrs) and they are perfectly legal. If it has a stock just take off the barrel it should take about 2 min maybe or buy a pistol lower to mount the upper on.

Again simply take the upper (if you are not able to remove the barrel). No more "illegal" firearm. As others have asked is it a pistol (no stock) or a rifle (stock) because that will also make a difference.

What you are proposing is "How do I dispose of a used car I bought that has pot in the ash tray". Do you get rid of the whole car or do you simply remove the offending part?

Again simply take the upper (if you are not able to remove the barrel). No more "illegal" firearm. As others have asked is it a pistol (no stock) or a rifle (stock) because that will also make a difference.

What you are proposing is "How do I dispose of a used car I bought that has pot in the ash tray". Do you get rid of the whole car or do you simply remove the offending part?

Umm you smoke the pot then do not care what you do with the car LOL

You're in Washington, that ash tray will enhance the value of the vehicle.

Nope it has a stock on it. The only one with any firearm experience is me and I don't know a damn thing about taking an ar15 a part.

The gentleman in question is not my friend nor would I want him to be, I don't agree with what he does. I don't like that my best friend is hanging out with the wrong type of people... I'm afraid he will get caught up in something stupid.

Nope it has a stock on it. The only one with any firearm experience is me and I don't know a damn thing about taking an ar15 a part.

The gentleman in question is not my friend nor would I want him to be, I don't agree with what he does. I don't like that my best friend is hanging out with the wrong type of people... I'm afraid he will get caught up in something stupid.

Pull pins, remove upper. Problem solved.

Lol this was not a hypothetical question my gut usually knows when somethings wrong so I'm not getting advice, in a roundabout way, for something dumb I did.

Its all said and done I was just curious what action could have been taken, I never even thought to go the pistol route...I should have offered a few bucks to dispose of that ar15 though I don't feel like dealing with unsavory characters...

I thought my post was funny at first. Guess it's a good thing you people can't see inside inside my head. I got the mad hatter thing going on tonight.

+1 Smoke pot out of it. Hahahahahahahaha
Sorry, this is a gettin' loaded post. Whiskey not pot, I can see how you think. LOL to OP, you get what you ask for and then some around here. Thanks.

Are SBRs legal in Washington even with a tax stamp?

possibly legal - if the SBR was in WA state and accompanied with tax stamp with WA residency

unlikely to be legal - since most Title 2 owners would likely be aware of how to render it back to Title 1 prior to sale

not legal to friend's buddy - as it's not transferable to him even if grandfathered

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top