JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi, I have a question about a dagger. Can I sell it on here? Seems it's too offensive to sell on eBay and I to make sure it's isn't here. It does have their insignia on the dagger.
Thanks for your time.

Seems strange that a post WWII German Officer's dagger would still have 3rd Reich markings and such.

Is this a replica....?
Andy
When I was stationed there, and on a tour at a historical sight, it was mentioned that the Nazi Swastika was quick-smart outright banned and actually made illegal in post-war Germany….. so my money is on it being a replica, too.

What_difference_does_it_make.png

Triggered.gif

Aloha, Mark

PS.........

1668365118597.png

Please note the disclaimer below. And then......

1668365267230.png

Seems strange that a post WWII German Officer's dagger would still have 3rd Reich markings and such.

Is this a replica....?
Andy
It isn't really a replica but it was a dagger made with parts after right after the war for souvenirs for the allied troops. They call it reproduction. Made 1946-1947. Luftwaffe Officers Dagger.

A512562D-6AB9-4BE3-8FA5-896780A3FB8C.jpeg 21CB672C-4CEF-47B1-9324-26BD9682F742.jpeg D331AA73-F742-4172-988E-590E0E7EA9EE.jpeg

That makes more sense....being made post war for the GI souvenir trade.
Lots of rifles and pistols were made that way too.

Your title makes its read as if it were an actual issue dagger made and issued post war with Nazi markings....
Andy

Last Edited:
Looking at your last set of pictures....I see "Germany" marked in English....
Why would a dagger made in Germany be marked as such in English...?

I think your dagger is a latter as in 1960's onwards reproduction.
The pommel and guard look like cast zinc or some sort of pot metal....Originals were made of aluminum.
The scabbard also lacks the two hangers for carry....

So called replica daggers were often advertised as being made from left over parts...sometimes this was true...other times not so much.....
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany