JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well hello everyone...i am new here but not new to the forums...i have been around guns all of my life...and one of the best memories when i was a kid was when Dad got me a Brand New Ruger NM Blackhawk 357 in stainless and found a old George Lawrence Holster and made a even old George Lawrence belt work for me....i know they were made in Portland Oregon and sadly went out of business in the late 80's....here in WNY where i am from...not too many made it here unless u liked the Cowboy Holsters and we had a old shop that had lots of it....Sadly he retired and most of that stuff went away....i am hoping that someone here might have the same love for the old leather like myself and can point me in the right direction...i have tried all the usual sources and nothing so far....any help will so be appreciated...God Bless,John

I just did a search on fleaBay for George Lawrence and came up with 103 hits. Several holsters and Belts came up. Maybe not this time but I'm sure there will be something show up.

well i have it on a daily search on ebay...i have found one on ebay....it is black and it would be perfect...but they want 450.00 for it...way out of my price range...had no idea there was 103 right now...and to the guns international.....i will have to check that out...600 seems very high priced.....
thank u all for the great feedback already....truly appreciate it....God Bless,John

well i have it on a daily search on ebay...i have found one on ebay....it is black and it would be perfect...but they want 450.00 for it...way out of my price range...had no idea there was 103 right now...and to the guns international.....i will have to check that out...600 seems very high priced.....
thank u all for the great feedback already....truly appreciate it....God Bless,John
Lawrence did very nice work. A new Bianchi rig can be 1000.00. Nice things are expensive. I sold a worn FA Meana saddle 20 years ago for 9,000.00

well i do have my heart set om a Lawrence....i live in Amish country too...i could have one made...and it would not be terrible costs....i am just hoping to find one....there was a member here who had one listed...i pm'd them but it is a old listing too....thank u all for all the kind words and help...i am hoping someone will see my WTB and will respond too....God Bless,John

Every gunsmiths store that I've been to has a couple of boxes of old school leather holsters with belts.
You might try looking up gunsmiths e-mail addresses online and then cut & paste your inquiry to them.
Somebody's got one laying around gathering dust.

Lawrence did very nice work. A new Bianchi rig can be 1000.00. Nice things are expensive. I sold a worn FA Meana saddle 20 years ago for 9,000.00

well i appreciate the kind words...and i do expect to have to pay for nice things....and yes they are expensive...but Lawrence Leather goods can normally be had for around the 200 to 350.00 range used for a nice belt with the drop and a belt with cartridge loops but it also depending on what model it is and the condition of course ....most Lawrence stuff i have seen for sale is the model 79 ..the model 79 which is the cost effective stuff should be able to be bought at more reasonable costs too..the model 77 stuff is out these but few and far between as that was the mid line offering.......the best line the 78 was the premium i am told.....thank u for the info....God Bless,John....

I coulda swore regular "Lawrence" holsters were sold in every sporting goods store for about $20 back in the day? Just utilitarian leather rigs with a snap strap usually.

I have Lawrence holster and it is of good quality. They were produced for decades.
I got my best deals on used leather from LGS. Trade-ins that they liked to make a quick buck on.
I have been tempted by fleabay to get another Lawrence, but never purchased one, although they are there often enough.
If you want to spend that kind of new holster money, take a look at a local maker (but not to you) that is also of good quality and has been around for years.

Custom Gun Holsters at Ted Blocker Holsters - The Finest in Gun Leathers Since 1972
Good luck in your search.

Last Edited:
maybe get in touch with a local Cowboy Action club & talk with the members about where they get their leather....

When I ran out of finding the Geo. Lawrence & Boise Saddlery vintage stuff I liked, the local leathersmiths offered fine products custom fit and with whatever my request might be.

I have an Alfonso rig I bought 30 years ago at a movie prop auction. I went to buy guns but they were so expensive I only bought the rig. It is very fine quality but I think the John Bianchi's are better. I have seen some great Idaho and Lawrence products too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top