JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Definitely not a knockoff. It's about 3 years old, so the worn O-ring suggestion seems likely. When I checked the o-ring just now, it was fairly loose.
Was just a quick thought. I'm not sure if there are even clones of it out there, but I wouldn't discount that there aren't! If it was I would've figured something as simple as an O ring would have been omitted.

I've never had a streamlight back off. Ran one on a Glock 19 for years. Thousands of rounds fired, on a 19 the muzzle isn't as long as the light so it definitely got muzzle wear too. Great lights though.

I was leaning towards Teflon tape
That'll do ya.....

Reno has a very good point though. I've never had any do that to me before, either. Bottom line though... you have what you have and you want it to keep working reliably, so.... do whatcha gotta do. Tape the mother!!

I'd reach out to stream light. They have great customer service and would probably send you o-rings for free.

I'd reach out to stream light. They have great customer service and would probably send you o-rings for free.
This. Pops broke his plastic back thingy on his that holds the batteries in somehow. Beats me what HE did. They sent him a new one free of charge.

If you're not familiar with Vibra-tite VC3, now you are. :)

It's great stuff! It's a thread locker that is designed for screws that need to be periodically adjusted or removed. Think you can remove them up to five times before the screw needs to be retreated, if memory serves.

I use it on all my holster retention adjustment screws among other things.

slider-1.jpg

I've had a TLR-7a for a couple of years now and never used the lens on/off switch ever.
It's still on the same battery it came with.
As long as the lens isnt falling off like the OP.
They are only advertised at 1.5 continuous hours of light. Have you used yours much in the 2 years? Batteries are cheap Id replace it anyways.

As long as the lens isnt falling off like the OP.
They are only advertised at 1.5 continuous hours of light. Have you used yours much in the 2 years? Batteries are cheap Id replace it anyways.
Hardly used and never holstered.

It was originally a truck gun on a glock 41. Took the light off for cleaning the pistol and lost the glock insert.
Now it lives on a unused S&W because I had a insert for that gun.

Hardly used and never holstered.

It was originally a truck gun on a glock 41. Took the light off for cleaning the pistol and lost the glock insert.
Now it lives on a unused S&W because I had a insert for that gun.
First, just call streamlight and they will send you the inserts you need for free.

Second, if you do use loctite, don't use blue or red. Purple 222 would be best as it isn't quite as difficult to remove.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top