JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have tips/suggestions on keeping Streamlight head from loosening?
I'm running a streamlight tlr7 on an HK VP9, and the lens head likes to back off and loosen when I'm shooting. The result is the light not coming on when I'd like it too, because the battery isn't held tightly anymore.

Rechargeable? Then a dab of blue medium strength thread locker. Or wrap teflon tape around the threads - unless the threads make contact.
Not rechargeable. It runs on the usual CR123A batteries.
I was leaning towards Teflon tape or thread locker. So sounds like I was on the right train of thought.

Are you missing the o-ring on the bezel side? If so, replace it (Streamlight will send you one). if not, it may be worn and need replacement.

Do not loctite it or you'll have a hell of a time getting the bezel off to replace the battery. Those things don't have much purchase area for unscrewing as it is.

Are you missing the o-ring on the bezel side? If so, replace it (Streamlight will send you one). if not, it may be worn and need replacement.

Do not loctite it or you'll have a hell of a time getting the bezel off to replace the battery. Those things don't have much purchase area for unscrewing as it is.
Oring is a little bit loose. Might just need replaced or doubled up.

Another thought, it might be a knock off? Especially if there is no O ring.

I don't have a weapon mounted light but I have a stream light I keep in my pocket all the time. It's been dropped from several different heights and is almost always asked for when co-workers or contractors start looking in dark places.

I ended up asking for it as a gift at one point when I couldn't think of something reasonable. I have used it 100x more then I expected I would.

It's been sick a good light I got a different model for my wife and it been in her purse ever since.

I don't have a weapon mounted light but I have a stream light I keep in my pocket all the time. It's been dropped from several different heights and is almost always asked for when co-workers or contractors start looking in dark places.

I ended up asking for it as a gift at one point when I couldn't think of something reasonable. I have used it 100x more then I expected I would.

It's been sick a good light I got a different model for my wife and it been in her purse ever since.
Same. I run surefire X300s on my pistols but my handhelds are all streamlights. Cheap and they are rock solid. I've ran them through the washer, dropped them, thrown them (anger management) etc. and they keep on working.

With that being said I have broke two TLR-1 weapon lights and the tape switch on one of the Pro Tac 1000 lumen weapon lights. Their customer service is great though and they will send you replacement parts no questions asked.

I haven't tried a streamlight pistol light yet , but have definitely bought a couple dozen handheld versions. Great lights, but I almost see them as disposable. I figure 5 years is acceptable value for the price.
10 years and still kicking on this little guy. The sad thing is I've lost Benchmade knives/spyderco knives etc but I have yet to loose this thing. I just wish Streamlight made clips that didn't pop off the light body so easily. That's my one complaint.

8F17715F-B9BC-49B6-85B1-AE48AFD8BF6D.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads