JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I found prices $
<broken link removed>

GEORGE HOENIG, INC. LONG GUNS George Hoenig builds a unique patented rotary round action O/U rifle, shotgun, or combination gun. Opening is achieved by rotating barrels quarter turn to the right, then sliding barrel assembly forward. Because of this, there is no top opening lever. Standard features include double triggers, extractors, rotary safety on stock, and coin finished scroll engraved frame. Prices for a 20, 28 ga. or .410 bore game gun start at $22,500 (approx. 6-6 1/4 lbs., 12 month delivery time), while the double rifle has a base price of $27,500 (add $2,000 for mag. cals. up to .450 NE), approx. 7 1/3 - 8 1/3 lbs. Combination guns also have a base price of $27,500. During 2009, George Hoenig introduced a four-barrel Vierling (20 ga.x20 ga., .223 Rem., and .22 LR barrels), which has a base price of $50,000. For more information, delivery time, and current pricing, please contact George Hoenig directly (see Trademark Index).

So its no where near the Worlds rarest rifle. As I know of hundreds of one of a kind rifles. If they build 5 a year its a very limited production but not that rare.

With a start price of $30K I'd opine that it's quite rare in anybody's collection.

Rarity is relative - with five [maximum] per year, there are still less than a hundred in existence in the entire UNIVERSE.

tac

As I understand, there is a barrel for each round, and the barrels must be rotated into position for the firing pin to engage an unfired round. Craftsmanship aside, how is this conceptually different from a pepperbox revolver? The patent must be based on something relatively obscure like the locking mechanism.

As I understand, there is a barrel for each round, and the barrels must be rotated into position for the firing pin to engage an unfired round. Craftsmanship aside, how is this conceptually different from a pepperbox revolver? The patent must be based on something relatively obscure like the locking mechanism.

Nope. It rotates to open the breech, insert the cartridges, and then rotate it back to lock and shoot. Opening it again provides the primary extraction, completed by 'breaking' the barrel on the rotating pin, as Mr Hoenig demonstrates.

It is effectively 'only' a double rifle or shotgun.

tac

Sight unseen I'd say it's probably pretty rare in your firearm collection.

So because I don't have one in my collection I can't make a comment on the stupid statement made at the opening of the video?

My comment was directed specifically at the "WORLDS RAREST RIFLE" statement. And I stand by it.

I have a friend who collects high-end shotguns and he has let me fondle a number of guns with production figures in the single digits. Is the Hoenig rare?? Yes. Unusual?? Certainly. Rarest?? Not even close.

It is not the first time I've seen this one, but thanks for the video. I'd never plunk down that kind of coin on one considering how much it buys gun-wise or, for that matter, land-wise, but one has to admire the craftsmanship. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top