JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
o_OGet more homies - better then long lost family;).

Honestly I don't really think anything you post on the net is safe so run from it or embrace it but there are no 100% safe ways to secure your information.

Edit: If you have blue eyes then we share relatives at some point upstream supposedly.

Last Edited:
Anything you share with somebody else is no longer private - especially not from the government.

The best way to keep a secret, is to tell nobody.

So if you don't want the gov. to have your DNA, don't give it to anybody.

Very often you don't need any kind of genetic-based test to establish your ancestry - up to a point. A few years back, TCD was researching the most common family names in the two non-Irish-named counties of Waterford and Wexford, and adjacent Co. Cork, where there are LOTs of Foleys. The name is a modern version of 'foghláda' - raider or plunderer. Seems that 90% of our genetic make-up comes from Southern Scandinavia...the blue eyes, large frame, fair hair and generally nordic appearance of most all the Foleys that I know tends to offer support in that respect. Some sneaky Finnish female must have submitted to the wiles of one of my ancestors, as I'm a former redhead, with sticky-out cheeks and green eyes, but that is another story.

If you have a name that you think may be of British origin, you might need to check that one out. Fer'instance, most folks in the USA called Johnson are actually Johansson... It's true that most who have retained their Germanic names are Germanic in origin, but then, so are most of us who are Caucasian. The same goes for French, Spanish and Italian. Very few immigrants came from Uzbekistan or Tibet.

No cheatin' with a 'Mayflower' name, we know everything about THEM.

tac

Very often you don't need any kind of genetic-based test to establish your ancestry - up to a point. A few years back, TCD was researching the most common family names in the two non-Irish-named counties of Waterford and Wexford, and adjacent Co. Cork, where there are LOTs of Foleys. The name is a modern version of 'foghláda' - raider or plunderer. Seems that 90% of our genetic make-up comes from Southern Scandinavia...the blue eyes, large frame, fair hair and generally nordic appearance of most all the Foleys that I know tends to offer support in that respect. Some sneaky Finnish female must have submitted to the wiles of one of my ancestors, as I'm a former redhead, with sticky-out cheeks and green eyes, but that is another story.

If you have a name that you think may be of British origin, you might need to check that one out. Fer'instance, most folks in the USA called Johnson are actually Johansson... It's true that most who have retained their Germanic names are Germanic in origin, but then, so are most of us who are Caucasian. The same goes for French, Spanish and Italian. Very few immigrants came from Uzbekistan or Tibet.

tac

MUCH more likely then that theory is that long about the 800's the Vikings started sweeping through the British Isles and doing their thing which of course included banging the locals. SO I would say the woman who was submitted was Irish. Course you could be right the Viking women might have wanted some strange too!

There is no BUBBLEGUMMING way I'd (voluntarily) mail in any genetic material for gawd knows who to do gawd knows what with... my attitude is thus:

ANYONE can be a "sperm donor" or a "schvanse garage" (the mentally challenged do it all the time), but "family" are the ones who were/are there for you when things were tough in life and not just when things were easy. o_O

tac

Most of my ancestry comes from the British Isles (Ireland and England - documented Mayflower boy here) as well as Scandinavia. I'm fortunate to still have family in Sweden that I'm in contact with, and one is a genealogist. It's interesting you mention Scandinavians in the British Isles because she has fully documented our Swedish family line back at least 1,000 years, and that includes a man by the name of Sygtrygg Silkbeard Olafsson, a regional leader/king in Ireland (Dublin), and who himself was Nordic/Scandinavian in heritage. He was a contemporary of Brian Boru, and married one of his daughters. I'm still waiting for her to someday try and get that information translated to English so I can incorporate it into our family tree here.

MUCH more likely then that theory is that long about the 800's the Vikings started sweeping through the British Isles and doing their thing which of course included banging the locals. SO I would say the woman who was submitted was Irish. Course you could be right the Viking women might have wanted some strange too!

Hey, that's my Grandmotherx23 you are talking about there, pal!

A bit more respect for an older lady, right?

tac

I don't give a dang which great, great, great, great, great grandpappy tapped which barmaid in 1746!

If the government wants my dna, they'll have to come and use a blotter. I'm not sending it to anyone!

I come from a long and noble line of Rednecks and Hillbilly's.
As for looking into the family tree , I'm a little worried it might just look like a palm tree ...
Little to no branches. LOL
Just kidding.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR