JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had both. I prefer Geiselle, but both are kinda spendy, so I have been using ALG Defense triggers to save money on medium budget builds.
It's an offshoot company of Geiselle Automatics (Supposedly Bill Geisslle's wife runs it) and for only $65.00 I have been really pleased with them.

Had both. I prefer Geiselle, but both are kinda spendy, so I have been using ALG Defense triggers to save money on medium budget builds.
It's an offshoot company of Geiselle Automatics (Supposedly Bill Geisslle's wife runs it) and for only $65.00 I have been really pleased with them.

I second the Geissle for any AR
I love the SSA-E on mine and it was a simple install.
But for some like the little 10-22, I installed a timney drop in and love it for that gun. Both are excellent, but wouldnt have anything but the geissle in an AR action.
For a bolt match rifle, I like timney.

The Geissle is liquid butter.
The Rock river 2 stage is nice too but not as sweet as the Giessle.
The stock trigger on my Daniel Defense is short and crisp but doesn't hold a candle to the Giessle.
My gunsmith is raving about the Hipertouch 24 saying it's the best thing since sex! Anyone try it? (the trigger silly)

The Geissele is liquid butter.
The Rock river 2 stage is nice too but not as sweet as the Giessele.
The stock trigger on my Daniel Defense is short and crisp but doesn't hold a candle to the Giessle.
My gunsmith is raving about the Hipertouch 24 saying it's the best thing since sex! Anyone try it? (the trigger silly)

That said, Geissele triggers are on sale....
Geissele Triggers

It comes done to a matter of preference as both brands are quality triggers, I run a Geissele SSA-E on my AR and a buddy of mine prefers the Timney 4 lb trigger on his. Best thing to do is to visit Curt's in Gladstone and try out the different triggers before you buy. Gary

Anybody just try going to a gunsmith and having them do a trigger job?
I was thinking about takin my to brimstone GS in yacolt I stopped by and they showed me a couple triigers they did. I was pretty impressed.
For the price might as well have a pro polish it up and see how it goes.

I have a Geissele SS-A on my Colt 6920, haven't used the Timney. The improvement over the stock Colt has made me forget what I paid for it. This is a very personal choice so as advised above, trying them out first would be worth the effort. If you were up here you'd be welcome to try mine.

The first stage feels like only spring resistance, then the second stage is crisp with no creep and very little overtravel. It is not an icicle break but very clean; I get good scores with it. :)

If you can find a gun shop that has a lower to try the triggers out on would be nice. The local shop I went to had a lower and put several trigger groups in to try. It is I am sure a personal choice but I ended up with the SSA Giessel. My friend has a couple of the ALGs on his rifles and no way do they compare to the SSA Giessel.

I only have experience with Timney and then in bolt action rifles. But I just love them. Crisp and can be adjusted even lighter than I want. Not cheap, but I've forgotten the price as soon as I shot the rifle.

Seems like users that come from bolt guns typically like Timney, vs the semi-auto crowd prefers Giessele. I myself am a Giessele fan with a SSA in my AR and a Super SCAR in my -17.

wow the price is really appealing with these guys - compared to 200 + per assy this is really tempting.

Thanks for the heads up. I was almost certain before I posted this that I was going to go with the SSA, but after reading reviews, your comments and what I really want it for this should be just fine - thanks for the 140+ you just saved me :)

wow the price is really appealing with these guys - compared to 200 + per assy this is really tempting.

Thanks for the heads up. I was almost certain before I posted this that I was going to go with the SSA, but after reading reviews, your comments and what I really want it for this should be just fine - thanks for the 140+ you just saved me :)

I love the SSA! But since I don't have unlimited $$$ its an ALG ACT + JP Yellow springs and that comes out to about $75 :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top