JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NY Post of all places getting the message out. Now that gun ownership is becoming important to the gay community hopefully they will vote to support it. As indicated in the article, the gun is a great equalizer when it comes to their safety against those who want to hurt them.
2A is important to every group in America, not just straight conservative white males. Too bad that the left keeps voting to reduce/eliminate 2A rights. I hope they get that.
https://nypost.com/2018/06/12/gay-americans-are-arming-themselves-to-stay-alive/

I was just about to post this. This is fantastic. The more diverse gun owners become the harder it is for the anti-gun folks to try to use identity politics against us.

I am also optimistic about a new voting block becoming pro2a. I do not like to speak in group identities tho (except for Californians cause they're all the same ;) ).

I am pessimistic this will occur. I could see gun ownership being v as a necessary evil to be eliminated as soon as possible by a majority of individuals. Fudds. The title certainly suggests this is a sort of last resort.

The article also is very clear to keep a separation between pro-gun groups and these individuals that have decided to take responsibility for their own defense.

"Some people might say he's a gun nut, but I spent several days with him and he's the sweetest, gentlest, most loving guy you'd know." A quote directly from the article about a guy that probably resembles the average user here except for his sexual orientation.

This article still casts gun ownership in a very poor light.

I am also optimistic about a new voting block becoming pro2a. I do not like to speak in group identities tho (except for Californians cause they're all the same ;) ).

I am pessimistic this will occur. I could see gun ownership being v as a necessary evil to be eliminated as soon as possible by a majority of individuals. Fudds. The title certainly suggests this is a sort of last resort.

The article also is very clear to keep a separation between pro-gun groups and these individuals that have decided to take responsibility for their own defense.

"Some people might say he's a gun nut, but I spent several days with him and he's the sweetest, gentlest, most loving guy you'd know." A quote directly from the article about a guy that probably resembles the average user here except for his sexual orientation.

This article still casts gun ownership in a very poor light.

Sounds to me as written like "he's a good guy, ...except he's a gun owner... & he's gay"

Should just simply be he's a good guy. Hard stop.

There are gun owners of every type of person, because there are all kinds of people.

The more diverse gun owners become the harder it is for the anti-gun folks to try to use identity politics against us.

Yet the identity politics are baked right in to the story. The homophobia in the US is "frightening" so the gentle, loving gays are arming up to protect themselves against the "rabid" political landscape.

The bias is real and they're painting gun ownership as an evil thing no one should have to resort to... Aligning with very conservative organizations like the NRA... Eww

I can't hardly wait for the transgendered stats to come in.

Xe, vey, ze, ey, etc.

700px-Gender_Chart.png

As long as you :
Keep your finger of the trigger until you are ready to shoot...
Have good muzzle discipline...
Don't tell me what guns I should own...
Safely store your guns to fit your household situation...
And vote as pro-gun as you can...
Then ,
You are a "good gun guy" or "good gun gal"...makes no difference to me who you love...
Andy

The problem is that its the conservative gun owners who are the precieved problem inwich the gays are arming up against.
I hope we as gun owners can pull them into the fold and away from the progressive propaganda

I don't give a frak how someone identifies or orients, if they are a responsible gun owner then good for us all!

Certainly not new news, but I'm glad to hear the trend is continuing upward. I will repeat myself again - the 2nd amendment is for EVERY American, regardless of party affiliation, gender, race, religious beliefs, etc. Once enough people realize that, it should, hopefully, begin to put pressure on politicians on both sides, hopefully very strongly on the left, to dump gun control laws once and for all. Until we have enough gun owners voting pro-gun, even if that means voting against their own party, we will be facing this constant fight.

Yet the identity politics are baked right in to the story. The homophobia in the US is "frightening" so the gentle, loving gays are arming up to protect themselves against the "rabid" political landscape.

The bias is real and they're painting gun ownership as an evil thing no one should have to resort to... Aligning with very conservative organizations like the NRA... Eww

The problem is that its the conservative gun owners who are the precieved problem inwich the gays are arming up against.
I hope we as gun owners can pull them into the fold and away from the progressive propaganda

Pretty much this.

I could care less who rammin' who as long they are consenting individuals and aren't doing it on my front lawn. I make no correlation with the 2A and bumping uglies.

Remember Jeff Bloovman? He's been into weapons training long before he was a poster boy for the Pink Pistols.
Need to Know: One Man Army's Jeff Bloovman

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR