JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
DALE's note re: the fruit tree sale (in the classifieds) jogged me to post this info --

I hadn't heard about it before a couple days ago, but apparently there's a new fruit fly worked it's way into the Willamette valley. Unlike others that go for rotting fruit, these love ripe, just ready to pick fruit. Seems like you owe it to yourself, your neighbors and the commercial growers to get ahead of the curve on these and be aware if/when they move into your garden.

I googled "'asian fruit fly' Willamette" for a ton of links, here's a couple:

Asian fruit fly invasion could ruin Oregon crops
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2010/03/asian_fly_invasion_could_ruin.html

Still Here: The Tiny Fly That Threatens Oregon’s Fruit Crop
<broken link removed>

A house some friends and I rented in Corvallis <cough> years ago had a plum tree in the front yard that I used to go and gorge myself on. (And never had any distress from it...go figure.) I've been thinking about getting a plum tree for years...

MrB

013.jpg
I hang these up in my trees. They are reusable and organic. They work excellent as you
can see.

Most nursery supply places sell them. I no longer have the box with the name and info on it. But I believe they were around 6 bucks for a pair. Apply the paste and hang 1 or 2 in each tree.

013.jpg
I hang these up in my trees. They are reusable and organic. They work excellent as you
can see.

Most nursery supply places sell them. I no longer have the box with the name and info on it. But I believe they were around 6 bucks for a pair. Apply the paste and hang 1 or 2 in each tree.

What the heck is that thing called?

-d

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews