JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just got a JRA new Galil build in and I noticed it has a recoil buffer, which I've never seen in an AK action. Is it something about the 5.56x45 that requires a recoil buffer? Is this a design flaw of the Galil?

Gorgeous rifle but my OCD does not like the idea of a piece of plastic in the action. I can't imagine the Israelis used them this way, but then again a professional Army can afford to maintain and replace beat-up parts.

Many thanks in advance.

I put buffers in my AK actions not because they are needed, but rather because they tone down the carrier slamming against the rear trunion. I bought mine decades ago when some young guy started making them and selling them to members of another forum. Seems like his designs have been copied

I put buffers in my AK actions not because they are needed, but rather because they tone down the carrier slamming against the rear trunion. I bought mine decades ago when some young guy started making them and selling them to members of another forum. Seems like his designs have been copied

This mostly.

If you get an AK, even in 5.56, with a metal recoil pad, it can actually bruise your shoulder. I didn't notice it until later when I was getting ready to take a shower and looked in the mirror.

I don't think a buffer would make any difference with recoil that caused the bruise, for that I need a recoil pad, but it will probably help with stability/etc., making the carrier action not so jarring.

BTW - get those mags while you can. The Galil is one of the few AKs in 5.56 where the mags are quite available/affordable, but that may not last forever. Ditto with parts if you can find them.

I run a .308 Hebrew Hammer…. It don't need no STEENKIN' feminine buffer pad!

:s0118:

0105AB4F-C447-4584-856A-4470A0848CEF.jpeg

buffer protects the slamming inherent with the over-gassing these rifles come from the factory with...you wont FEEL a difference, but the rifle is saved from serious abuse by the buffer...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top