JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Did a few minutes searching got nothing that came up, my apologies if I missed it.

I got excited and bought a G23 conversion barrel thinking it was a 9mm. Wouldn't ya know it, the darn thing doesn't fit a G19 slide.

I'm having a tough time finding G23 slides. Does anyone know if another Gen 3 Glock slide would take a G23 barrel? Or is there anywhere you've found that can work a G23 barrel down to fit (this would be a worst case scenario situation as I'm sure it compromises the barrel and would be an added expense).

Thanks everyone!

Are you asking if you can get a g23 barrel into a g19 slide? The short answer is no. I'm sure with enough time and money you could machine it to fit, but the barrel opening on the 19 slide is a smaller diameter than on a 23.

One option would be to find a G32 slide. That would fit the G23 conversion barrel.

What is meant my "G23 CONVERSION barrel"?

Converting to what? If it's just a regular G23 barrel, there's no conversion happening with it. Just needs a slide to ride in.

What is meant my "G23 CONVERSION barrel"?

Converting to what? If it's just a regular G23 barrel, there's no conversion happening with it. Just needs a slide to ride in.
It sounds like he bought a 9mm G23 conversion barrel. It will have the outer diameter of a .40sw (to fit a G23slide) and the chambering of 9mm.

It sounds like he bought a 9mm G23 conversion barrel. It will have the outer diameter of a .40sw (to fit a G23slide) and the chambering of 9mm.
I was confused. The OP said he bought a G23 conversion barrel "thinking it was a 9mm". So I assumed it wasn't.

I've ran a couple of them in G23's I converted to 9mm. Maybe that's what the OP is trying to do, but it reads a little foggy.

I was confused. The OP said he bought a G23 conversion barrel "thinking it was a 9mm". So I assumed it wasn't.

I've ran a couple of them in G23's I converted to 9mm. Maybe that's what the OP is trying to do, but it reads a little foggy.
You could be right, a link to the exact barrel he purchased would help clear the air.

I bought a G23 barrel designed to run 9mm so yes the diameter is too large for my G19 slide.

@2wheelsThank you, I was hoping another models slide would sit on my G19 frame with my G23 barrel (all with the end goal of shooting 9mm...I under estimated how complicated and poorly worded my issue was).

Thanks everyone for your help and sorry for being unclear.

I bought a G23 barrel designed to run 9mm so yes the diameter is too large for my G19 slide.

@2wheelsThank you, I was hoping another models slide would sit on my G19 frame with my G23 barrel (all with the end goal of shooting 9mm...I under estimated how complicated and poorly worded my issue was).

Thanks everyone for your help and sorry for being unclear.
A Glock 23 or 32 slide should take that barrel and swap right on to your G19 frame.

It's not just you, brother, I read it and gave up, figured it was too early for that brain tease.

Ok, for a G23, if you convert to 9mm, you just need a 40 to 9 barrel. There are a few internal parts you can replace too, to make it more reliable as a 9mm. Deffinately run factory Glock 9mm mags.

YouTube is a good place to learn about things like this. For target practice, I'd use a converted barrel in my G23, but I wouldn't use a converted gun for self defense..... I'd leave it as a G23 (.40 cal). If you had no choice but to run a converted gun, deffinately change the appropriate internals and run hotter, good quality ammo.... and probably 124 gr or higher.

My converted G23 chokes on cheap plinking 9mm ammo but runs good with stuff like Hornady critical duty.

Ok, for a G23, if you convert to 9mm, you just need a 40 to 9 barrel. There are a few internal parts you can replace too, to make it more reliable as a 9mm. Deffinately run factory Glock 9mm mags.

YouTube is a good place to learn about things like this. For target practice, I'd use a converted barrel in my G23, but I wouldn't use a converted gun for self defense..... I'd leave it as a G23 (.40 cal). If you had no choice but to run a converted gun, deffinately change the appropriate internals and run hotter, good quality ammo.... and probably 124 gr or higher.

My converted G23 chokes on cheap plinking 9mm ammo but runs good with stuff like Hornady critical duty.
Thanks thats good advice, I haven't used a converted caliber firearm before but think I'd be in that same mindset of not trusting a gun shooting something besides its designed caliber for protection.

In my case though I was building a P80 and bought a G23 conversion barrel (.40 to 9mm) and bought a G19 slide...meaning my barrel was too wide to fit. It was just a dumb mistake, learned a good lesson in reading before jumping on a black Friday sale.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top