JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know there is another section in the Forum. For those in WA State please be aware that HB 1143 is moving forward in the current legislative session.

My advice to friends and family is to get busy and buy what you want or need under the current laws.

HB 1143 was passed/approved in the House. 1143 would require a new permit to purchase any gun. In the latest language it would take effect on January 1, 2024. The effective date was previously January 1, 2025.

https://app.leg.wa.gov/billsummary?BillNumber=1143&Year=2023&Initiative=false

HB 1240 is pending a vote in the House. 1240 is the "Assault Weapon" ban, and is written in a way such that it would take effect immediately on the WA State Governor's signature.

Watched it live, speaker passed it with a smirk on her face.
Means nothing to a criminal.

Many of our Republican Representatives made horrible arguments.
One Lady said "I researched statistics on my phone a moment ago while another rep was speaking"
One Man said (in relation to training) "My son and I are hunters and already know safe firearm handling, never point a gun, never carry a loaded gun"

It was disgusting, they just pulled this stuff out of their butts on the fly.
These are the people we have representing us.

Last Edited:
We are so screwed. The last e-mail I got from my rep was not encouraging; she referred to the Dem majorities in the house and senate, basically admitting these heinous bills are gonna go through.

I know there is another section in the Forum. For those in WA State please be aware that HB 1143 is moving forward in the current legislative session.

My advice to friends and family is to get busy and buy what you want or need under the current laws.

This one is even more scary than the AWB that is about to pass. The AWB will ban all pistols with a threaded barrel and all semi auto rifles (other than rimfire) as I understand it, but this will put you permanently on their gun control register.

Whatever new raft of rules they think of in the future you will have to comply with to keep your gun(s) if you are on this register. And you can bet every single year they will tighten the screws. There is already a 2018 law on the books for mandatory background checks that they can't implement because they don't have the register and staff yet. Who knows what they will add in the future. WA and OR legislators are simply out of control (like some other D led states). Sucks.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews