JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been buying since it was introduced in early January. These guns have been on my wish list for over 15 years, bought mags for them prior to 5078, so figure I buy the guns now or assume I'll never own them... and the latter is just not a palatable option to me. Sold a bunch of stuff and racked up a little debt to make it happen - not the best choice for everyone, but where I'm at in my life I think it was worth it.

I say happiness is a safe full of guns that Inslee wants to ban. :s0140:

I would buy more however....
That requires seeing a firearm that I actually want to purchase and....
Having the cash at that time to do so.

Mostly...it's a matter of not seeing a firearm that is on my "want list."
Ain't a whole lot out there in the gun shops or the gun shows that I like.
Andy

Got one today,
Getting another tomorrow.

Not going to attend the Sheet Show that is likely headed our way.
Imo lines and wait aren't the issue re the permit to purchase. Getting on Washington's registry is the critical issue. Regulations are increasing every year and people on the registry will be receiving 100% of that. Fe you will have to do mandatory background checks to continue to own registered guns. That yearly background check is already law in WA. And more laws are coming. If you are registered you will have to comply with them all unfortunately.

I did (am doing) that here, mostly with lowers I hope to build up over time. It did get a little bit expensive, but if I have to sell in a pinch I will got most of my money back. The alternative is doing nothing and wishing I had later on. At least this way I can wean myself off buying and trading.

I don't see myself ever quitting this hobby, FWIW. I've been doing it way too long and enjoy it too much. Life is short, do what you like. But naturally, pay the rent/mortgage first.

Mostly...it's a matter of not seeing a firearm that is on my "want list."
Ain't a whole lot out there in the gun shops or the gun shows that I like.
Andy
I'm in the same boat. Several new products will not be released in time for me to buy - assuming these draconian discriminatory laws eventually take effect. There isn't much on the shelves right now that tempts me.

I have, in the back of my mind, the bubblegumty feeling about both our states, I'm afraid that eventually owning, buying/selling/trading, shooting, loading for, comparing/talking about, admiring/fondling and everything else "firearms" will be made obsolete.
Face it, there are laws in states NOW, Right Now, removing the rights that the 2nd amendment guarantees. And the first is under attack also. And no one that has a part in destroying it all bats an eye. Oh, there 's a bunch of people yelling and waving their arms. But the restrictions still keep passing.
I'm new to this community, 12 years, and been having a grand fun time, but just in the last few days wondering if I should sell all that I've collected, except for a couple three, and get what $$ I can now. And I'm bitter because I feel like I just started all the fun at a ripe old age of 55! I fear that this country will eventually force me to give everything up. And pay me what THEY think I should get for them.

As to the question, from an Oregonian, we bought one more that we pick up today, just because. Even though we said to ourselves we weren't going to.

It's an interesting time for the PNW.

I have been so busy at home with life to keep up with all that's going down.

Is Washington following Oregon with permitting?
I'm in more of a selling mood.
This. I've been trying to offload anything that isn't tax stamped because I'm worried the extra crap will make it harder to sell. The days of renting things is coming to an end.

They are doing everything in the anti gun play book, put economic and political barriers to creep towards total ban/confiscation. And of course ram it through even if it doesn't stick too long from being struck down by the courts. Quite frankly, a sad state of affairs where we live in a state that's bent on shredding the 2A and willing to sue its own citizens for unconstitutional gun laws.

Last Edited:
I keep telling myself I have everything and I bought my last firearm but this last week I bought two more.

Who knows what the future holds with 114 in Oregon.

I have a few guns I still want, may or may not buy them depending if they get smart and say our ccw is as good as a permit. If they go full permit then I won't give them any money for a permit. I already pay $70 for the ccw and will drop it if they want more for the 114 crap.

Will buy my $6 pioneer license for carrying a gun I guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top