JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Purchased another today.
Would not have but hey, no interest in getting a permit to purchase.

I would like a vintage 25, 32 and 38 spl plus a .357 6" but probably won't pony up the dough in time. :(

They are doing everything in the anti gun play book, put economic and political barriers to creep towards total ban/confiscation. And of course ram it through even if it doesn't stick too long from being struck down by the courts. Quite frankly, a sad state of affairs where we live in a state that's bent on shredding the 2A and willing to sue its own citizens for unconstitutional gun laws.
"They" would like to control everything that we do. Every thought, everything we can say in public or ponder in school... Complete access to every facet of our small businesses, our creditability, and our health care system. These people never met a form a permit or a tax they didn't like. And you cannot ignore any of it or face the consequences. But they say we are the "nazis"

They are doing everything in the anti gun play book, put economic and political barriers to creep towards total ban/confiscation. And of course ram it through even if it doesn't stick too long from being struck down by the courts. Quite frankly, a sad state of affairs where we live in a state that's bent on shredding the 2A and willing to sue its own citizens for unconstitutional gun laws.
Definitely, including making it so hard for ffls to stay in business wa is going to end up with 5 FFLs for the whole state would be my guess (eventually I mean). They think if they make it so hard to buy there will be less guns. Anything you see in Illinois, ca, or wa will be tried in wa imo.

This is just some of the permit to purchase requirements.

In addition to the other requirements of this chapter, no 14 dealer may deliver a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle to the purchaser thereof until:

The dealer is notified in writing by (i) the chief of 5 police or the sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the purchaser 6 resides that the purchaser is eligible to possess a ((pistol)) 7 firearm under RCW 9.41.040 and that the application to purchase is 8 approved by the chief of police or sheriff; or (ii) the state that 9 the purchaser is eligible to possess a firearm under RCW 9.41.040, as 10 provided in subsection (((3))) (2)(b) of this section; ((or)) and 11 (((c))) (b) The requirements ((or)) and time periods in RCW 9.41.092 have been satisfied.

The state, through the legislature or initiative process, may 16 enact a statewide firearms background check system equivalent to, or 17 more comprehensive than, the check required by (a) of this subsection 18 to determine that a purchaser is eligible to possess a firearm under 19 RCW 9.41.040. Once a state system is established, a dealer shall use 20 the state system and national instant criminal background check 21 system, provided for by the Brady handgun violence prevention act (18 22 U.S.C. Sec. 921 et seq.), to make criminal background checks of applicants to purchase firearms.

In addition to the other requirements of this chapter, no 14 dealer may deliver a pistol or semiautomatic assault rifle to the purchaser thereof until:

The dealer is notified in writing by (i) the chief of 5 police or the sheriff of the jurisdiction in which the purchaser 6 resides that the purchaser is eligible to possess a ((pistol)) 7 firearm under RCW 9.41.040 and that the application to purchase is 8 approved by the chief of police or sheriff; or (ii) the state that 9 the purchaser is eligible to possess a firearm under RCW 9.41.040, as 10 provided in subsection (((3))) (2)(b) of this section; ((or)) and 11 (((c))) (b) The requirements ((or)) and time periods in RCW 9.41.092 have been satisfied.

The state, through the legislature or initiative process, may 16 enact a statewide firearms background check system equivalent to, or 17 more comprehensive than, the check required by (a) of this subsection 18 to determine that a purchaser is eligible to possess a firearm under 19 RCW 9.41.040. Once a state system is established, a dealer shall use 20 the state system and national instant criminal background check 21 system, provided for by the Brady handgun violence prevention act (18 22 U.S.C. Sec. 921 et seq.), to make criminal background checks of applicants to purchase firearms.
Sounds like they want to make it like buying an NFA item just to make it a PITA as much as possible to discourage people from buying guns in general. What a screw.

Last Edited:

The County Sheriff's will be really happy to be the ones to make Washington a safer place I'm sure.

I've already sold off almost everything. Just keeping the 3 I think I need. Nothing to do with this proposed law, but more of an age related time to downsize kind of thing.

I did donate 1/2 of the funds I recieved to GOA, NRA, and 2 others. I am writing letters, sending emails, and calling every elected office in the state to voice my opinion against this.

I feel my "recreational budget" is better spent defending my dwindling rights.

I've already sold off almost everything. Just keeping the 3 I think I need. Nothing to do with this proposed law, but more of an age related time to downsize kind of thing.

I did donate 1/2 of the funds I recieved to GOA, NRA, and 2 others. I am writing letters, sending emails, and calling every elected office in the state to voice my opinion against this.

I feel my "recreational budget" is better spent defending my dwindling rights.
Yep we are on a path right now Imo of legislatures in places like CA, WA, OR, Illinois, NJ passing laws they know are unconstitutional. These will be overturned by the courts in time. So we have empower those fighting for our rights in the courts. It sucks but that is our current reality.

The other solution I see is that the states who are passing known unconstitutional need to be stopped before they become law. This is what we need as a country to avoid this chase-your-tail process of passing illegal laws then having them overturned in the courts. Somehow judges and legislators who are knowingly breaking their oath to uphold the constitution need to be held accountable for that.

Skip to 34:58 in this video for very short well stated summary.

I've been saying for years these clowns are blatantly violating their oaths of office. Nobody, including me, knows what to do about it. I very rarely even see it mentioned.

Even proposing these laws to be considered is a direct violation of the oath they take. I don't care what the voting numbers say, this is NOT a democracy.

I'll state my opinion clearly.

No government official, or collection of elected officials, are exempted from obeying the Constitution. They are not authorized by that foundation of our government to have the legal authority to pass any law that would violate the second ammendment. Period.

They do not have that authority. The 2A does not limit "the people" it explicitly restricts the government in at all levels and forms. Don't play word twisting games with these azz clowns.

Drill down to the bottom line of ANY argument against that 1 simple fact, dispense with the bloviating word salads. It isn't legal. I don't care how much sense a gun law makes, I dont care that criminals don't obey laws, dont care that these laws don't work. I don't care about "popular vote"

All that said as simply and clearly as I am able, I don't have the lifespan nor the funding to stand up and be a test case. I fight where I can.

Bottom line:

They do not have the legal authority to do what they are doing.

Last Edited:
I don't know why they are trying to put a Permit to purchase in place.... The max amount they can charge is 25$....

I could solve that problem with one solution, and they would make more money for the "transportation department" LOL.

A concealed Pistol License (CPL) is 55$ and you are required to submit fingerprints and get the extensive background check, you are literally applying for this "purchase permit" in the same way.

Just make it a requirement (Country Sharrif and state law Enforcment can communicate and share info for all I care) and all the leg work is done, they will make an extra 25$ on top.

Basic math, the solution also covers all Legal gun owners as we already hold this permit........ Just my thought of common sense and moving int he right direction. I'm all for proper Gun laws and you can own the guns you want if you follow the proper channels and get the right documentation, Just saying.

I don't know why they are trying to put a Permit to purchase in place.... The max amount they can charge is 25$....

I could solve that problem with one solution, and they would make more money for the "transportation department" LOL.

A concealed Pistol License (CPL) is 55$ and you are required to submit fingerprints and get the extensive background check, you are literally applying for this "purchase permit" in the same way.

Just make it a requirement (Country Sharrif and state law Enforcment can communicate and share info for all I care) and all the leg work is done, they will make an extra 25$ on top.

Basic math, the solution also covers all Legal gun owners as we already hold this permit........ Just my thought of common sense and moving int he right direction. I'm all for proper Gun laws and you can own the guns you want if you follow the proper channels and get the right documentation, Just saying.
It's not about money at all. It's about control.

Imo lines and wait aren't the issue re the permit to purchase. Getting on Washington's registry is the critical issue. Regulations are increasing every year and people on the registry will be receiving 100% of that. Fe you will have to do mandatory background checks to continue to own registered guns. That yearly background check is already law in WA. And more laws are coming. If you are registered you will have to comply with them all unfortunately.
What yearly background check are you referring to? I get them everyyear for work, obviously, different than that related to firearms.

Redundancy at best, particularly with CPL holders, but it's about pandering to the anti gunners on top of a money grab. Bunch of bull**** as far as I'm concerned.

What yearly background check are you referring to? I get them everyyear for work, obviously, different than that related to firearms.
Mandatory yearly background checks was passed into law in WA in 2018. WA has been unable to implement it. With the new gun registry they will have a system that identifies the guns and owners so that they can implement it (among any other regulations that are pending and also future regulations).

Edit: looks like it was 2018 (text above edited to reflect this):

weqeqwe.JPG

Not sure if you will have to go to police station every year or how they will do it. The key is that people will have to get permission every year to CONTINUE TO OWN their firearms. That part is already law. Also for the future, imagine how easy it will be for them to add additional restrictions that you must meet to continue to own your guns. Signing up on their registry/permit system imo is the single most dangerous thing you can do as a WA state gun owner. Buy before the WA gun registry becomes a reality. Not being on the registry doesn't make you immune of course, but logically they will implement this and other regulations the easiest way they can (for those guns and people on their registry).

Last Edited:
Didn't New York or some garbage State pass some smart fun technology requirement that it's yet to be implemented because it doesn't exist?

I stopped buying guns in WA state after 1639 went into effect. Don't want to be a part of the registery and give up my HIPAA rights. I'm also fortunate to have amassed a large collection over the past 30 years. I'm spending most of my firearms budget on ammo and training these days.

Didn't New York or some garbage State pass some smart fun technology requirement that it's yet to be implemented because it doesn't exist?
California implemented a requirement for firing pins to microstamp the gun's serial number on each casing when they are fired. Not that it's impossible to do, just highly impractical and stupidly expensive, so no gun companies are willing to do it.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top