JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone know if the new FRT-15 trigger by Rarebreed Triggers is legal in WA (for now)?

Here's their website for those of you who aren't familiar: https://www.rarebreedtriggers.com/

It's a forced-reset trigger, which has the capacity to shoot faster than the average finger. It's not a binary trigger (which has a function for the pull and release of the trigger) either, so I'm seeing a gray area at the moment. Asking for a friend.

Thanks.

As a mechanical engineer and a gun guy. ...30 second mod to make it a drop in full auto trigger group. Matter of time before the ATF figures that out.

I ordered one from bigdaddy unlimited around jan. 1st....they are still "having delays due to their new shipping/warehouse software and system"......I honestly dont think i will get it an instead will get a refund. My guess is no one else who ordered one from them will get theirs either. But, im being pessimistic.

As a mechanical engineer and a gun guy. ...30 second mod to make it a drop in full auto trigger group. Matter of time before the ATF figures that out.
I got to look at one finally, I think I smell what you are cooking.

I ordered one from bigdaddy unlimited around jan. 1st....they are still "having delays due to their new shipping/warehouse software and system"......I honestly dont think i will get it an instead will get a refund. My guess is no one else who ordered one from them will get theirs either. But, im being pessimistic.

Ah-ha, thee ol' Optic Planet routine.

(18) "Machine gun" means any firearm known as a machine gun, mechanical rifle, submachine gun, or any other mechanism or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot and having a reservoir clip, disc, drum, belt, or other separable mechanical device for storing, carrying, or supplying ammunition which can be loaded into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument, and fired therefrom at the rate of five or more shots per second.

Does it require that the trigger be "pressed" for each shot?

I mean, kalifornia confirmed you can fire 30 rounds a second from a 30 round magazine clip ghost gun.. :s0048:

Thats the thing, you watch the video and really consider what is happening, you are absolutely pulling the trigger for EVERY single round. It is not possible for this to work without your finger doing all the work. I dont see how they could argue this successfully in court. Not without cheating/they are going to bubblegum us out of this somehow but it wont be by adhering to the constitution. In any case, I did ask Rare breed about their ATF approval letter before i actually put in the order for mine....here was the response lol (personally i love that they are all in on it). I think we need FAR more with the same mindset!

Josh,

To answer your question… We did not ask the ATF for an approval letter for the FRT (Forced Reset Trigger) for several reasons. First, semi-automatic triggers are NOT a regulated item under the NFA or ATF. Second, the law that defines a machine gun (26 USC § 5845(b)) is very clear. The FRT was conceptualized, designed, and developed specially to meet the legal requirements of a semi-automatic trigger and NOT be classified as a machine gun as defined by the law. Further, we did our due diligence by consulting numerous attorneys and subject matter experts to ensure the FRT complied with the law. Have we created something innovative? Yes! Have we done anything illegal? No! We've found a way to bring a new semi-automatic trigger to market while staying within the parameters as set forth by the law. And lastly, this is America where you don't need to ask permission to start a business and sell a legal product.

Lawrence DeMonico

Thats the thing, you watch the video and really consider what is happening, you are absolutely pulling the trigger for EVERY single round. It is not possible for this to work without your finger doing all the work. I dont see how they could argue this successfully in court.

"Cuz they shoot real fast and we don't like them anymore than we like you...Neener-neener-neener"

In any case, I did ask Rare breed about their ATF approval letter before i actually put in the order for mine....here was the response lol (personally i love that they are all in on it). I think we need FAR more with the same mindset!

Josh,

To answer your question… We did not ask the ATF for an approval letter for the FRT (Forced Reset Trigger) for several reasons. First, semi-automatic triggers are NOT a regulated item under the NFA or ATF. Second, the law that defines a machine gun (26 USC § 5845(b)) is very clear. The FRT was conceptualized, designed, and developed specially to meet the legal requirements of a semi-automatic trigger and NOT be classified as a machine gun as defined by the law. Further, we did our due diligence by consulting numerous attorneys and subject matter experts to ensure the FRT complied with the law. Have we created something innovative? Yes! Have we done anything illegal? No! We've found a way to bring a new semi-automatic trigger to market while staying within the parameters as set forth by the law. And lastly, this is America where you don't need to ask permission to start a business and sell a legal product.

Lawrence DeMonico

Makes me want to buy one just because of that.

They are too busy making unregistered receivers so they can use those to deny approvals for adapters and accessories by calling them machine guns.

No joke, they made a receiver with a vice, angle iron and zip ties to make an upper fire so they could deny it after approving the exact same thing but in a different material then when challenged said they didn't fire or test the other one when the approved sample came back covered in carbon.

Seems to fire quicker than a binary, which is about 6.7 a second. I say go get it and run the luck. Clearly the state cares about you, the 2A and ammo that's readily available/usable.

hows that measured exactly ? some people can pull a trigger that fast without a binary so calculating rate of fire off how fast someone can pull their finger is absurd

I would think a robotic system, but like every liberal bs law; its open to interpretations; by themselves. However, when an MSR, which has been deemed semi auto only, per law (yes autos exist legally), are characterized or trying to legally be deemed a military type weapon. Its my own opinion, that libs see an M-4 , which has a cyclic rate of fire of 700-950. (11-16 per sec) That's why words matter and they keep bait and switching laws.

But lets be honest, the laws this state makes are for law abiding citizens. Look at the CHOP and the state gun laws broken there, I am yet to see an arrest or AG charge them. Or did I miss it?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top