JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to find local places to buy bulk beans, rice, wheat berries. Local being Oregon around Portland and will drive where needed to get there. Bulk being anywhere from 100lb bags, pallets, or large 1 ton bags. Thanks for any info.

Trying to find local places to buy bulk beans, rice, wheat berries. Local being Oregon around Portland and will drive where needed to get there. Bulk being anywhere from 100lb bags, pallets, or large 1 ton bags. Thanks for any info.
You might check with Bob's Red Mill or some of the bread makers and see if they'll divulge their suppliers.

We use Azure Standard for big bulk buys of grains, salt, sugar etc. They also have a lot of grocery items too but it's a great place to get 50+ lb bags of the staples. When you place an order you pick a drop site where the truck brings your order. We've moved around several times in the last few years and utilized drops in Forest Grove, Milwaukie, and Portland. Drops are typically once a week, and I think the order cutoff is Saturday or Sunday night for the following week.

We use Azure Standard for big bulk buys of grains, salt, sugar etc. They also have a lot of grocery items too but it's a great place to get 50+ lb bags of the staples. When you place an order you pick a drop site where the truck brings your order. We've moved around several times in the last few years and utilized drops in Forest Grove, Milwaukie, and Portland. Drops are typically once a week, and I think the order cutoff is Saturday or Sunday night for the following week.
Thank you, checking the website now.

One place you might try is something like Chef store??, (maybe)
Use to be Cash N Carry, and for the life of me I can't think of exactly what they are called now after being imprinted by the former name for 20 years. None the less there are quite a few around albeit shelves thinner as most like businesses the last couple years. In past life, I was able to order pallets of things they stocked on the shelves. Many of the little restaurants, food carts and kiosks buy from them. You don't need a wholesale or business license to buy from them.

america-welcome-to-costco.gif

One place you might try is something like Chef store??, (maybe)
Use to be Cash N Carry, and for the life of me I can't think of exactly what they are called now after being imprinted by the former name for 20 years. None the less there are quite a few around albeit shelves thinner as most like businesses the last couple years. In past life, I was able to order pallets of things they stocked on the shelves. Many of the little restaurants, food carts and kiosks buy from them. You don't need a wholesale or business license to buy from them.

Now known as US Foods.

Once a week? My Azure is only once a month.

Regardless, great place to get bulk 50lb bags and bigger totes of grain. I also get 50lbs bags at US Chef store

The price for wheat at azure standard has gone up. A few months ago i bought 50 pound bags of hard red wheat for $33, now it is $75, if they have it in stock. Might want to start looking local and see if you can befriend a local farmer. I am worried wheat may be in short supply soon.

The price for wheat at azure standard has gone up. A few months ago i bought 50 pound bags of hard red wheat for $33, now it is $75, if they have it in stock. Might want to start looking local and see if you can befriend a local farmer. I am worried wheat may be in short supply soon.
Is it possible price hike is ALSO due to seasonal inventory (on top of supply chain balony)??

IIRC (and ABSOLUTELY could be wrong), isn't RED wheat the winter stuff / over winter planting, then early harvest???

Dunno (obviously)...

I am not sure either ;)
It depends on when the Hard Red wheat is planted if it is Hard Red Winter or Hard Red Spring wheat.
I suspect that the rise in cost is due to the fertilizer shortage, drought, transportation and other issues that we are currently seeing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top