JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
COLUMBUS (WCMH) — A Franklin County Deputy had a close call after authorities said a man fired a gun at him using a noise suppressor.

The shooting happened Saturday just after seven in the morning, at the Havenwood Townhomes just off Georgesville Road.

A Franklin County Deputy responded to a 911 call on the 4300 block of Leesburg Ct. only to realize he was being targeted by gunfire. Two bullets hit the back passenger side of his cruiser, and he took cover while another shattered the rear passenger window.

"On this type of run our deputy just came under sudden attack, he didn't even see the suspect at first," said Franklin County Sheriff Dallas Baldwin.

One of two firearms Jason Kimberling was eventually caught with was a semi-automatic weapon with a noise suppressor screwed onto the muzzle. The sheriff said that makes it even more dangerous for his deputy.

"The noise of the gunfire is going to get your attention and if you can't hear that, obviously that is very, very dangerous," Baldwin said.

Continue Reading: Franklin County deputy comes under fire with noise-suppressed firearm

Well, if a big, bad evil feature makes the proggies wet their collective pants then I am for it.
Bow and arrows are way more silent than any suppressor. So are knives for that matter.
Sheesh, the lefties are a bit annoying sometimes (alright, all the time). Next thing they will want is to ban the word "gun". They will turn it into the next N-word.
I guess that's ok, I still have the F-word, which I will apply liberally (haha you see what I did there?).

"The noise of the gunfire is going to get your attention and if you can't hear that, obviously that is very, very dangerous," Baldwin said.

Always good to use the word "IF" to share an opinion in a news report.

Why might you not hear a bullet ?
1. It is supersonic. It hits and kills you, before the sound waves reach you. No suppressor required.

Any news if the suppressor was serialized with a tax stamp or home made?
Yeah, it kind of sounds like maybe this was an improvised device...
Anyone ever watch Brazil?
There's that "terrorist" who is a repairman?
Yeah... that's what we're looking at for our future.

Kimberling has an extensive arrest record and the sheriff said he was illegally in possession of the firearms and noise suppressor .

Let's pass a ban on felons possessing guns, a universal background check, an expensive tax-stamp process that's onerously time consuming, and require all guns and silencers be registered!!

Oh wait.... :rolleyes:

Another criminal not following the existing laws, therefore proving we need more laws for them not to follow? WOW that is ground breaking!

But if they were not around the thief would not have been able to steal it!!!!:eek:
I like the "out of the box thinking" here...
It is the original owners fault for having a item so tempting that the thief just can't help but steal it.
The thief is not to blame , after all if the item wasn't so desirable then he wouldn't want it....
Wait I know , we can blame the object for life's ills ....
( sarcasm alert )

Well no sarcasm for Jim's comment ... I found his comment funny and could see the humor in it...:D
Andy

Create a law clearly stating it is illegal for a person to shoot a police officer, and add a bolded part stating "especially felons using illegal NFA items and stolen weapons" :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top