JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
D Cell titanium tube with 303 SS K Baffles , Titanium end caps and a Nano Silencerco 3 lug. Form 1's are coming in 3-4 weeks these days.

MkCh7a.jpg

Very nice. Your work has pushed me to finally submit two home brew silencers. If they turn out nicely, I'll likely be making more.

This is the golden age of form 1 silencers. Parts are readily available from some places (not all ) . Minimal machine work necessary and the wait time on form 1's is in the weeks not months or years.

Has anyone built a can on those Wix "fuel filters" and had success with it? There are a couple sites that appear to be straight up honey pots by the ATF - they sell the filters, thread adapters, and they also advertize AR15 armorer's wrenches, and some other gun-goodies. Seems like it would be about the easiest "build" after getting your stamp to just drill a hole and get it engraved or however cans are required to be marked.

Has anyone built a can on those Wix "fuel filters" and had success with it? There are a couple sites that appear to be straight up honey pots by the ATF - they sell the filters, thread adapters, and they also advertize AR15 armorer's wrenches, and some other gun-goodies. Seems like it would be about the easiest "build" after getting your stamp to just drill a hole and get it engraved or however cans are required to be marked.

You mean like this? Quietest .22 I own. By a longshot. You still have to do something but yeah its not terribly difficult to convert a "solvent trap" into a working silencer.

$36 for the parts, $30 to engrave and $200 for a stamp.

MKVQIY.jpg

That one has a Ti tube from SDTA, Ti Caps from preppers discount and stainless K baffles from solventrapcups.com . I did have the rear cap bored out and threaded from a local machinist to use a Sco 3 lug Nano mount.

All in all with the 3 lug I have about $340 in that can. It works very well. You can build for less . The 3 lug was $100 itself but its a really nice 3 lug. Cones probably would have been easier to machine and likely work just as well the cost wasnt bad.

If you get the Form 1 prior to buying most of the parts (especially the internals), then you are ok right?

Does the Form 1 require the serial # before it can be approved? Do they give you a serial number to put on the can?

You are buying solvent trap parts. They are not regulated. You make them silencer parts after you get the form 1 . You assign the serial number. Make it whatever you want.

I did. Made a huge difference in function . I have another if you need one . I ordered two thinking i needed one for my standard MP5. Not the case.

If you get the Form 1 prior to buying most of the parts (especially the internals), then you are ok right?

Does the Form 1 require the serial # before it can be approved? Do they give you a serial number to put on the can?
You provide the serial number on the F1. You can't use words or get creative with verbiage. You can do something like XYZ123 for your initials or similar. Your name or trust name will be on the can as the maker.

You dont have to wait to buy anything You just cant do any drilling of the can or baffles before you get the approved stamp.

Last Edited:
You provide the serial number on the F1. You can't use words or get creative with verbiage. You can do something like XYZ123 for your initials or similar. Your name or trust name will be on the can as the maker.

Ive heard that before but its not true. They don't really care all that much about the format of the serial numbers . You can pretty much put whatever you want as long as there is a number attached. I have one with "Covid19" and one that is "WineDine69" as serial numbers. The model name they are more restrictive about but you don't have to use one of those at all. If you do make up a model name it needs to be engraved as well and it can slow the process down by up to two weeks as it has to be approved. Most people dont use model names but you can use one from the drop down menu if you want to use one without waiting for yours to be approved. If you feel like making a 9mm silencer and want to use the name "Moonshine" you have my blessing.

Last Edited:
They may allow any serial numbers you like, but their official guidance says otherwise. That's where I got my info. It also indicates the minimum letter sizes and depths. The way BATFE works these days, you might get an inspector looking at your form4 and decide to bounce it because you colored outside the lines with the serial number.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top