JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had a pistol on the for sale, upper $800's MSRP, currently at Cabelas for $7## something…was selling for $425 - couldn't get more than low balling riffraff.

So…no, it ain't just you.

This was 2020-2021… couldn't keep it on the shelf…

DC715119-D408-4335-8C72-F67A154627B6.jpeg B620A4DD-3C58-49EC-9C5C-BF8DC0F1E3A5.jpeg

This is 2022-present day… Can't give it away for a decent price considering today's market…

BCD45769-9F90-4AA2-9279-E3D890F4A45E.jpeg

Updated…. 0AF81329-7069-47F2-9447-48C57047F056.jpeg DA940F50-8F6A-42E2-9451-3AFEA363B798.jpeg

Last Edited:
Here in WA I expect that many gun shoppers are not buying models for which they don't already have mags. Even the "drive to Idaho" plan won't work for a S&W 5906, Tagfoglio, etc.

It could've been the offer…😏
Let me rephrase that. The sellers weren't ready to get rid of their items at the price I was willing to pay:) We weren't that far apart though, I dropped $440 in Rickreall that morning so I had to be guarded with my other offers. Somebody will come along for your items though. Much easier to sell powder verses brass these days.

I don't think it's you. I'm taking a $200 loss with the package deal I offered for an H&K optics ready pistol with low round count.

Maybe I need to take a bigger loss to move it. Lol

I haven't been able to sell anything in the Classifieds here for months, not without cutting significant deals. Seems people are holding on to their cash. The upshot is I have stopped buying stuff too. It's all a big chain reaction.

Something else to consider is that with the Chinese Flu over in all that entailed people are back to work and also are catching up on the things they wanted but couldn't do. I know for me I don't have time to chase the "deal". If I need something I get it, if I want something and the price isn't what I want to pay I wait. I see lots of things in the classifieds that I want, most that I didn't even know I wanted until I saw the add. It comes down to how much effort to I want to spend on the next shiny bobble right now.

I often see some stuff that I'd like to have to boost my inventory (not really needed except for SRP's) but it seems that something non-gun related will be bought (kiddie pool and extra stuff for the grandkids). :D

I haven't been able to sell anything in the Classifieds here for months, not without cutting significant deals. Seems people are holding on to their cash. The upshot is I have stopped buying stuff too. It's all a big chain reaction.
Which is somewhat interesting, because of these two truths:
- If everyone slows down their spending / changes their spending habits drastically, then the recession only worsens until the new equilibrium is hit
- Cash today is worth more than cash tomorrow (until inflation settles down)...conversely, credit today is less expensive than credit tomorrow...

My 2011 Nissan Versa is the family's beater car. Bought it for $7k 3 years ago. Similar models with like mileage (sub 50k) are priced between 9k and 13k between private sale and dealer sale in the local area.

That's insane. When used cars start appreciating ... the economy is on its head.

Last Edited:
Exactly. We have a spare beater, a 2002 Ford focus with 220,000 miles on it and it's worth $1800-$2700 nowadays we're thinking of liquidating it.
Maybe I can get a few more trips to the lake this year at those prices. Lol

Exactly. We have a spare beater, a 2002 Ford focus with 220,000 miles on it and it's worth $1800-$2700 nowadays we're thinking of liquidating it.
Maybe I can get a few more trips to the lake this year at those prices. Lol
I'm thinking of liquidating the beater. Problem is, we need it for the next year and would have to replace it quick…that's life I suppose.

I'm just glad that I'm signing closing paperwork on the house tomorrow. Feel like I'm on a life boat leaving the titanic.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top