JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agreed, I keep thinking I should be buying a few more for investment reasons!
If they get banned, what would be the difference legally between a frt trigger (if frt was banned in future I mean) and a full auto sear which u can buy and legally own today? Putting either item in the gun (requires modification of lower in the case of the auto sear) would make the gun an illegal "machine gun" under atf definitions.

If they get banned, what would be the difference legally between a frt trigger (if frt was banned in future I mean) and a full auto sear which u can buy and legally own today? Putting either item in the gun (requires modification of lower in the case of the auto sear) would make the gun an illegal "machine gun" under atf definitions.
You can't buy a drop in auto sear.There are drop in full auto conversion cartridge triggers. You can't buy those either

You can purchase and legally own a full auto parts, like the trigger/hammer/selector/auto sear. They are pretty useless really unless you also own a low shelf lower and a third pin hole jig. I wouldn't want to own any of those together however. Just like those that own "solvent traps" only for SHTF reasons, folks own these for similar reasons.

You can not buy a new drop in auto sear, post 86 transferable yes. So owning this trigger is a lot different than owning parts that are not drop in. Apples to oranges.

It was. Then you get into their sear block lowers and weird takedown pin sizes. Colt of the 80's was the biggest kiss @ss company on the planet.
I don't think they ever stopped kissing the governments butt.

I don't see the LEFT being happy until.....

You have to reload from the muzzle (with powder and shot) for every shot.

LOL. And, there will still be some that will insist that only the military and police should be allowed to have guns.

Aloha, Mark

You can purchase and legally own a full auto parts, like the trigger/hammer/selector/auto sear. They are pretty useless really unless you also own a low shelf lower and a third pin hole jig. I wouldn't want to own any of those together however. Just like those that own "solvent traps" only for SHTF reasons, folks own these for similar reasons.

You can not buy a new drop in auto sear, post 86 transferable yes. So owning this trigger is a lot different than owning parts that are not drop in. Apples to oranges.

I guess what I was getting at is in terms of an investment, it seems to me that buying several frt triggers prior to a ban would be like buying several bump stocks prior to a ban. I don't see any benefit at all unless I'm missing something.

I guess what I was getting at is in terms of an investment, it seems to me that buying several frt triggers prior to a ban would be like buying several bump stocks prior to a ban. I don't see any benefit at all unless I'm missing something.
Once Rare Breed can't sell them, those that have them will offload them to those that want them. At whatever price that person wants it the most for…

Once Rare Breed can't sell them, those that have them will offload them to those that want them. At whatever price that person wants it the most for…
Ahh I think I'm following u now. I assumed atf banning them (similar to bump stocks, where possession becomes a crime in atf's eyes) but it sounds like u are saying not an atf ban but simply atf telling rare breed to stop making them. In that situation then what u are saying makes sense to me.

Ahh I think I'm following u now. I assumed atf banning them (similar to bump stocks, where possession becomes a crime in atf's eyes) but it sounds like u are saying not an atf ban but simply atf telling rare breed to stop making them. In that situation then what u are saying makes sense to me.
I think at that point, IF the ATF says to stop making/selling them, they pretty much have to say they are illegal and then start asking for customer lists from Rare Breed. Now whether they go after customers or not, or just wait until someone gets caught with one due to some other infraction/etc., probably will depend on a number of factors; how many, direction from someone higher up, politics, etc.

I've have not noticed anyone who has gotten a visit, or a letter (?), from the ATF regarding bump stocks, despite hearing that very few got turned in to anybody. In that case the ATF probably decided it was not worth it to bother with knocking on doors or even sending out a letter to people. So many were probably purchased at gun shows/etc.

I think at that point, IF the ATF says to stop making/selling them, they pretty much have to say they are illegal and then start asking for customer lists from Rare Breed. Now whether they go after customers or not, or just wait until someone gets caught with one due to some other infraction/etc., probably will depend on a number of factors; how many, direction from someone higher up, politics, etc.

I've have not noticed anyone who has gotten a visit, or a letter (?), from the ATF regarding bump stocks, despite hearing that very few got turned in to anybody. In that case the ATF probably decided it was not worth it to bother with knocking on doors or even sending out a letter to people. So many were probably purchased at gun shows/etc.
There was a period of time between Trump stating he wanted the ATF to figure out a way to make them go by by and the determination letter being issued that they were machine guns. In that time, many were sold for as high as $1000 over the internet. People wanted them, as they were to be made illegal, just like folks buy ARs and 30-100 round mags. Those that had them and really didn't need them, had no problems selling them to those that did for a premium. What I am saying is, the exact same thing will happen with these FRT triggers. A $400 investment now, might become a $1500-$2000 dollar sale in time. It's like any investment, a chance, but I don't think it is the worst investment. Even at $5000 this trigger is far less expensive than investing in an actual registered machine gun. Especially if you consider what a transferable DIAS or M16 receiver costs. If the ATF raids RB, they likely will be hit with a cease and desist order and won't be able to sell them going forward. That would be the start of the clock, then those that own them, will be the only ones that have them. Those that don't, that want one, will have to pay.

Rare breed has sold
There was a period of time between Trump stating he wanted the ATF to figure out a way to make them go by by and the determination letter being issued that they were machine guns. In that time, many were sold for as high as $1000 over the internet. People wanted them, as they were to be made illegal, just like folks buy ARs and 30-100 round mags. Those that had them and really didn't need them, had no problems selling them to those that did for a premium. What I am saying is, the exact same thing will happen with these FRT triggers. A $400 investment now, might become a $1500-$2000 dollar sale in time. It's like any investment, a chance, but I don't think it is the worst investment. Even at $5000 this trigger is far less expensive than investing in an actual registered machine gun. Especially if you consider what a transferable DIAS or M16 receiver costs. If the ATF raids RB, they likely will be hit with a cease and desist order and won't be able to sell them going forward. That would be the start of the clock, then those that own them, will be the only ones that have them. Those that don't, that want one, will have to pay.
A unlicensed illegal FRT is no different than an unlicensed illegal DIAS. Why would a FRT cost more than a DIAS if both carry the same penalty?

Anyone ever checked out the Tac con trigger? It has a selectable frs.

bumping this question..... website selling 30 pages of what looks like fuel and ATF (?)additives + some OAF Glock cosplay gear....

Rare breed has sold
A unlicensed illegal FRT is no different than an unlicensed illegal DIAS. Why would a FRT cost more than a DIAS if both carry the same penalty?
Not my point. My point being that time between legal and unavailable from manufacturer and illegal altogether existed with bumpstocks. That time was the window to sell and buy. After illegal, no one dared list their bumpstock online for sale. They disappeared…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top