JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://rarebreedtriggers.com/

An interesting take on faster triggers for AR-15s.

Website has a good animation of how the trigger works.

Basically the trigger mechanism is forcing the trigger lever to move forward to the reset position forcing the shooter's trigger finger forward, enabling a faster reset. You keep pulling on the trigger and keep firing, very quickly.

Other info on the site. Requires "full-auto" M16 bolt and heavy buffer.

$380

Short review:

https://www.recoilweb.com/recoiltv-gun-room-forced-reset-trigger-164616.html

Forcing the reset has also already been considered full auto. AKA a shoe string.

Close to full auto.

You still have to pull the trigger again, so apparently this counts as a separate trigger pull, hence legally not full auto?
No, you need to apply pressure. So be it the trigger gets pushed forward every time. Shoe strings attached to the charging handle force the trigger forward and if you keep pressure on the trigger it goes full auto.

I am curious what their policy is on customer privacy because once they get raided by the ATF I'm going to guess they will all to willingly give up every customers info.

They have some lawyer on their site that says "in his opinion" (and that of retired former ATF agents) that this isn't a full auto trigger.

I note that they did not go to the actual ATF for their opinion.

I note that they did not go to the actual ATF for their opinion.
BINGO!!!

I'll imagine these will sell out shortly, as they are still in stock.

Company will make a few 100 thousand overnight.

They will get raided.

You will get a knock at the door.

Your trigger will get taken away and you will be out a trigger and 400.

If I lived in Florida, I'd stop by their shop, wearing a hat and face mask (Covid) and pay cash. No receipt please!

No, you need to apply pressure. So be it the trigger gets pushed forward every time. Shoe strings attached to the charging handle force the trigger forward and if you keep pressure on the trigger it goes full auto.

I am curious what their policy is on customer privacy because once they get raided by the ATF I'm going to guess they will all to willingly give up every customers info.

This is why, if I were to buy such an item, I would only buy such an item FTF, with cash, without giving my name. Even if the ATF said it was not a full auto trigger, they could reverse that decision tomorrow.

Personally, I would just go with a conventional but fast trigger - like the Geissele Rapid Fire.

A manufacturer facing A. Jail time. Plus's. B. Full loss of all inventory and possibly frozen bank accounts is going to give up customers in a hart beat. Also anyone thinking the ATF does not have the ability to pull historical data from computer systems and bank records (merchant credit card transactions) is crazy.

ATF will play the long game to get all the data they need.

You will get a knock at the door.

Your trigger will get taken away and you will be out a trigger and 400.

One would be lucky if that is all they lost. Ignorance of the law is not a defense, if the ATF says you have a possession of a full auto device and find it in a gun, you are then in position of a NFA item. Hopefully you also have a 07/02 FFL and filed the proper paperwork for it. If not :( felony.

Too risky in my book.

Discussing this with my friend in the military.

He reminded me that an auto sear does the same thing minus pushing the trigger forward. It forces the reset as long as the trigger has reward pressure.

And no, the M16 full auto trigger does not force the trigger to reset. The auto sear catches the hammer when the selector is in the full auto position and releases it after the bolt goes forward. The trigger does not reset.

Well, if these are not kosher with the ATF, I expect that we will hear about it soon.

Kewl idea though.

Downside - I think eventually binary triggers/et. al. are going to invoke some attention on the part of the new regime in WA DC.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top